- Doubles as a Tearjerker, but this exchange:
Kim: Hold me.Edward: I can't...
- What makes it Heartwarming is that Edward refuses to hold her because he knows he might hurt her but Kim wordlessly (and carefully) wraps his arms around her and hold them to her chest as they both close their eyes. Lost in one moment of tranquility in possibly the worst night of both their lives.
- One guest at Peg's barbeque telling Edward not to let people treat him like an invalid.
- Edward lovingly dusting off the lawn chair for Peg when he prepares to cut her hair- she's the closest thing to a mother he's ever had, and that little moment shows how much he cares for her.
- The loving smile she gives him before he cuts her hair gets me every time.
- Edward's Mad Scientist father reading to him in a flashback.
- Vincent Price's performance in general, doubling as a massive tear jerker. It was his last role, and the effects of his age were clearly creeping up on him, but nevertheless, he very obviously gave it his all.
- While a Tear Jerker as The Inventor died before he could give Edward his hands, there is something about his smile as Edward looks at the hands that touches the heart. You can tell Vincent was proud of doing this role when he was alive.
- Edward making it snow, and Kim dancing in it.
- Probably not noticeable at first since it happens in the beginning of the movie but Peg letting Edward live with her family even though she barely knows him but sees that he is kind and harmless.
- Edward risking hurting Kevin to keep Jim from (accidentally) running him over while driving drunk. Sure it put him in more hot water with the townspeople, but he didn't care at the moment. He even asked Kim if Kevin was alright.
Edward: Did I hurt Kevin?Kim: No, he's okay. He said he was just scared.