open/close all folders
- In the Everyone Gets Along omake, Mikado reveals that he cried when he found out that Kida was moving to Tokyo, but is still too embarrassed to tell him. It's not really surprising considering their relationship, but you can't help but gush about it anyway.
- Kadota's band reuniting with Kaztano in episode 6, after working all night to rescue him from kidnappers. Followed by the six of them going for breakfast at Russia Sushi, happy as can be.
- Celty having a dream in which she sees her head. "I am here, I am here."
- Walker and Erika finally finding each other at the end of episode eight. They start dancing with each other in the middle of the street.
- Shinra and Celty's conversation in Episode 12. After twenty years of one-sided loving on Shinra's part, they finally reveal their secrets to each other and proceeded to punch each other for realizing how stupid they've been. Celty's punch was enough to send Shinra flying across the room, while Shinra's only knocked Celty's helmet off to see her headless form, claiming that he's always seen her as beautiful.
Shinra: That punch is to replace our wedding kiss, okay?
- ...which makes a nice callback to episode 4 when Shinra met a street artist who wanted to draw a Dullahan but kept forgetting how the head looked in his memory. Shinra, fully knowing that the man was trying to draw Celty, insisted that the picture's perfect the way it is, headless and all.
- Shinra and Celty's conversation with Shingen in Episode 14. Noticing a pattern with those two? Of course, this being Shingen, it is also a Crowning Moment of Funny.
- When Simon types out 'save him' on Celty's PDA when she asked about Kida.
- You might have to squint a bit to see it, but in episode 23, when one of Saika's children stops Horada from killing someone, because "it would make Mother sad." He wasn't ordered to intervene, he just did, proving that despite all of Saika's Blue and Orange Morality, her daughters really do love her.
- Episode 24, when Masaomi and Saki reconcile.
- In episode 25 we have a small, subtle example but an example nonetheless. As a man with a knife tries to kill Kasuka he's suddenly hit by a sign, obviously thrown by Shizuo. Kasuka turns to look at Shizuo hiding in the crowd. And when Shizuo splits, Kasuka gives a tiny, adorable smile. Perhaps the only genuine smile the guy has had on the show. It really shows how much the Heiwajima brothers care about each other.
- Minor, but still warming. In the first ED of the anime, look at the black "shadow" that's between and behind Shinra and Celty◊. It forms a heart.
- On that note, as creepy as their relationship is, there's something adorable about the way Seiji and scar-neck girl/ Mika are holding each other in that ED.
Durarara!! x 2
- Celty trying to cheer Akane up by making a fake head for his horse Shooter. She's really trying her hardest to not scare the little girl.
- In a weird way, Rocchi's relentless helpfulness toward the ladies can make you smile. He just wants to protect them...even if he gets carried away with the stepping-on-the-robber's-legs-so-they-break type of thing.
- In volume nine's epilogue (which is also episode 9 of x2 Ten) where the Orihara twins admit that as much as Izaya treats them like anyone else, they'll still think of him as family.
- The end of the last episode of x2 has almost everybody get either a happy ending or a second chance. Shinra risks his life and succeeds in stopping Celty from leaving Japan after she regains her head. Celty's head gets sent to Chicago for safekeeping while the rest of her goes back to living with Shinra so they can be together as long as he lives. Seiji and Mika are still as insane as ever, but there's something bizarrely heartwarming about how they decide to go together to Chicago even though Seiji knows she wants to destroy Celty's head and she knows she would have a better chance of doing so if she went on her own. Varona says goodbye to Shizuo with the intent that they will meet again. While Mikado is recovering in the hospital from the knife attack, Anri admits to Akabayashi that while she can't tell for sure, she's probably in love with Mikado. Finally, Mikado wakes in stable condition to find that his dearest friends Kida and Anri were waiting for him all along, and as the three of them clasp hands Mikado thinks about how he doesn't need the excitement of the extraordinary he was looking for anymore, as long as he can continue to live in Ikebukuro with the people he loves.