Wait a minute, how can a show like Drawn Together
have heartwarming moments? With its Black Comedy
going on Dude, Not Funny!
territory and disgusting moments
that makes South Park look tame in comparison?
The answer is quite surprising...
- "A Very Special Drawn Together Afterschool Special" - The cast roleplays what will happen after Xander comes out to his parents, which involves him running away and becoming a prostitute, his parents fighting and nearly divorcing, and ultimately ends with nearly everyone dead. When Xander actually tells his parents, his Dad simply says "Uh, DUHHHHH!", and they appear to be more-or-less okay with it.
- Which is what the housemates said would happen in the first place. They only did the melodrama because Xandir thought they weren't taking it seriously.
- And that in itself is pretty nice, considering just who these characters are. The fact that they cared about Xandir enough to do it "properly" after the almost mocking first roleplay says a lot.
- Quite a few actually. The end of "Gay Bash" is particularly nice.
- God saying he thinks gays are adorable.
- And then God gets a... visitor...
- Xandir and Toot's friendship.
- Foxxy and Spanky offering the idea that the Bible is not an ironclad rule book but a guide that can help individuals personally define their relationships with God and live a better life. It's quite heartwarming, before the bloodbath begins.