- The five bloody fingers "renewing their blood oath" is a peculiar mixture of heartwarming, Tear Jerker and Nightmare Fuel.
- Also, it's shown in the climax of Five Bloody Fingers that Yamada really does love his daughter....despite being a massively cruel asshole to nearly everyone else.
- The mere fact that there is a group of characters who are basically Zombie Apocalypse Survivor!versions of the Big Hero 6 that can still exist in this universe is pretty heartwarming in itself.
- There are several moments hidden through the series that aren't just HopeSpots but genuine litte statements. This trope found the panel of the wolves at the end of chapter 5 to be one of the most touching panels in comic book history.
- Cindy's revealed 'origin'. Characters spend the series wondering how she came to be so determined, knowledgeable and fierce about surviving and protecting herself and her son, even making up fancy backstories ('She's a green beret!'). The truth is far less cliché and a lot more thoughful;
There's nothing special about me. My grandfather taught me guns. He was old-fashioned, but he thought women out to learn to protect themselves. I got married to an asshole because I was stupid and blind. He beat the shit out of me until I saw no one was going to stop him, so I had to do it myself. After that I had to keep running, moving on to somewhere else small and quiet. I had to teach myself the discipline for it. Not get lazy, not get comfortable, go. But that's all. That's everything there is to me. No mystery.
- Stan befriending the stray dog, especially if you consider that the domestication of dogs has been one of the first signs of human civilization.
- Patrick's final summary of what they went through; it wasn't all for nothing - because, in the face of a world of violence and depravity, they chose to value each other.
I think... Everything we did... Was for each other. And some of us got killed, but that doesn't mean the things we did for them were wasted.
- Shaky and Sofia together watching the aurora borealis, right before the latter's suicide.
- Future telling Mustaqba that she loves him. Even though it's made a bit Narm-y because of the Future Slang in the arc's language, it's still rather touching considering the fact that it seemed like their relationship was straining because of recent events, that and the fact that this was the first time Future has directly said her love for him.
Future: Mustaqba...Mustaqba: <praying> Shh..Future: I heart you