- Cher and her father having a sweet moment where he tells her she takes care of things around the house like her Missing Mom used to do.
- Of particular mention is her acquiring of snacks for her father and his fellow lawyers. She thinks of helping others only a short time after being robbed at gunpoint.
- Josh sticking up for Cher when one of her Dad's lawyers calls her "the dumb kid".
- Travis and Tai finally getting together.
- Cher going to Christian for advice later in the movie, saying he's great at making everything look beautiful and interesting.
- Mel telling Cher that he maintains a relationship with his ex-stepson Josh because "you divorce wives, not kids." Josh doesn't seem to have a very good home life (his new stepdad is a jerk, his mom doesn't seem that great either, his biological father is never mentioned) and Mel probably sensed that the boy was lonely and needed a good family.
- "If anything happens to my daughter, I have a 45 and a shovel. I doubt anybody would miss you."
- "Oh my god...I love Josh!"