Heartwarming: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Dick van Dyke singing You Two. He's perfect at playing a loving father.
- Chitty having been turned from a burnt-out heap of old iron into a beautiful car yet again. Further heartwarming moments as Chitty starts up again and as Chitty gets back out on the road.
- Caractacus expressing complete confidence in Chitty during the journey to Vulgaria:
Truly: Where are we?Caractacus: Somewhere over the North Sea, I think.Truly: Don't you know where we're going?Caractacus: I don't, but Chitty does. I think we're in pretty good hands.
- Caractacus and Truly among the hidden children of Vulgaria. They've never met these kids before and technically have no obligation to help, but they take very little convincing, if any.
- This little Brick Joke near the end, right after Caractacus and Truly kiss.
Truly: *outraged* Well, Mister Potts!Caractacus: *shocked* What? What's the matter?Truly: *laughing* Now you'll have to marry me!