* More than one, but for fans of both Ted and Jaime, the issue (#14) where Guy tells Jaime about Ted and leaves Jaime Ted's books (which help Jaime think of a way to defeat the Reach).
** Let's explain it again: This is GUY GARDNER, aka a grade A+ jackass, telling Jaime about how clever, capable and trustworthy Ted was and how much he respected him for that and even claiming that Ted was smarter than Batman himself. Then he cranks his "Big Brother" switch to eleven and gives Jaime a set of strategy books that Ted gave him in the past, admitting he never had the head for them but claiming that Jaime was smart enough to get the most out of them. Practically every panel on that single page was a CMOHW.
** After the fact, we see Jaime's got a WWTKD? sign on his corkboard--"What Would Ted Kord Do?"
*** Taking the Scarab's own CharacterDevelopment into account means that Ted was just as important to the Scarab rejecting the Reach as Jaime is.
* Adding to the above was when, via time travel, Jaime and Ted finally met face to face and Jamie sees Ted was as nice as he was talked up to be. During their meeting, Jaime is stuttering from a mix of shyness and awe as he addresses Ted with the utmost respect. Ted returns it by putting his hand on the teen's shoulder and giving him a warm smile; telling Jaime he's very proud to have him as the next Blue Beetle.
* This exchange between Jaime and his dad, after Jaime has just stopped a major catastrophe (but [[MyGreatestFailure couldn't save everyone]]) and is crying in his room. Brought a tear to my eye.
-->'''Dad:''' You saved so many people, ''mi hijo''. You didn't ask for this responsibility. I'm ''proud'' of what you've done with this power.
-->'''Jaime:''' No! I screwed up! I should have...I should have saved them ''all.'' If I was really a hero--I should've saved them all.
-->'''Dad:''' I was in ''combat'', Jaime. Not much older than you. And I...commanded my friends...and lost. Like you.
-->'''Dad:''' And it will happen again. And you will come home to us. And I will tell you how you are a good man. Again. Always.
* Jaime's secret power fantasy is to be [[spoiler: a dentist.]] Funny, but then he tells us ''why''- [[spoiler: he wants to pay off his parents' mortgage, pay for his little sister's college, and buy a home near his abuela.]] Awww.
* Milagro, who had been scared of Jaime since she found out about the scarab and the beetle armor, being the first to give him a hug after he figures out how he lost a year.
* The Scarab's big speech--in English, no less, for the first time--about how Jaime has granted him individuality, identity and compassion and how much better he is for it.
-->''Dan Garrett / knew the words. Problem: lacked full programming. Result: incomplete effect. Ted Kord / had necessary intelligence for purpose decode. Problem: [Booster Gold] multiverse energy overload. Additional / magic damage. Result: incomplete effect. Jaime Reyes. First to activate full infiltrator mode Query: how did he learn the words? Answer: <I> told him. Infiltrator function "Khaji", subnotation "Da". Not a command. My serial number. But I am the first <case zero> of my kind to claim it as my name. First to have a friend. My name = Khaji Da. Jaime Reyes = Blue Beetle.''
** It's especially meaningful to Ted Kord fans, as the scarab basically admits that Ted never needed its help to become a hero.
* And later, when Jaime and Scarab are stopping the planet-rippers from activating by overloading the engine controls, which will destroy the chamber they're in:
--> "Computing. Agree to stay. Reyes [Friend] / Sacrifice [Good]. Scarab [Hero].
* Jaime going off to fight the big bad, saying goodbye to his friends and family. In particular his exchange with his sister:
-->'''Jaime:''' Hey, Milagro. I know we don't get to talk a lot ever since...
-->'''Milagro:''' It's okay. You're in a different grade and you have older friends - and you have your job.
-->'''Jaime:''' My job?
-->'''Milagro:''' You save people. You're a good guy. That's your job.
* The end of the Spanish-language issue, when [[spoiler:Jaime takes his grandmother flying]].
* In the Rebirth one-shot just before Jaime goes off to fight Rack n Ruin Brenda hugs him and Paco uses her line about telling him not to die
** the Reyes household still seems to be a den of love yet stern parenting
** while Jaime does want the scarab to be removed from his spine he does seem to like Ted's optimism about super heroing.
* Teri and Tina having found a good life for themselves in El Paso
** Teri in particular seems to love her new job and maybe a relationship with Ted
* 2nd issue, Jaime is alone, afraid, and naked in the middle of the desert. He finds himself a gas station, and the gas station attendant proceeds to help Jamie out, for no reason other than it is the right thing to help someone in need. He gets Jamie clothing, food, and even drives him back to where Jamie lives.
* The Rebirth Series The Posse are very protective of their Doctor Jaime's mom
* Ted stating the reason is helping Dr. Reyes clinic and her metahuman treatments, someone has to
* Jaime kissing Blur
* all of Issue 3, Jaime discovers the scarab can control in his sleep and is terrified and turns to Ted his Dad and Brenda for help, advice, and comfort
** Jaime is freaking out when Ted tells him about why Dr Fate came to El Paso but Ted remain calm and steady telling Jaime keep calm that he will help him
** Ted telling off Dr Fate that Jaime will turn into a monster saying he is a good kid through and through
** Jaime and his Dad nuff said
** Brenda asking Jaime if he wants her and Paco to come to his medical exam for moral support
** in the same Issue Ted needs a secret room built in Kord Tower by a certain deadline and the foreman tells him it may take longer Ted simple says that if he and guys can do it there will be Large bonuses
* issue 4 most Jaime and Naomi's interactions