It would be almost impossible to list all of the heartwarming moments in the original series:
- In "Saga of a Star World", Apollo would never see his brother again, but when Zac heroically convinced his brother to fly ahead to warn the fleet, Apollo got to say one nice thing for his brother who dreamed of going on duty with him; "You can fly with me anytime."
- Despite the fact that many think of Boxey as The Scrappy, Muffet also gets this treatment. The first time they meet is truly moment of heartwarming.
- After Apollo is brought back to life in "War of the Gods". The looks on Starbuck and Sheba's faces are priceless.
- When Muffet - yes that Muffet - is thought to have "died" in "Fire in Space". Man, that happens to daggits a lot dosen't it? Of course he's alive, just slightly singged. Turns out he'd risked his own life to save a downed firefighter he saw earlier. Take that Muffet haters.
- In "The Long Patrol", when Apollo and Boomer come under laser fire while looking for Starbuck and the man who stole his Viper. Boomer discovers a little girl and her mother. The thief is able to get the drop on Apollo, but when he hears Boomer's found a woman and a child, he surrenders to Apollo asking that they not hurt his family. Robber then reveals that he only stole Starbuck's Viper because he needed a craft capable of reaching Aeries, for the sake of his daughter Tanya. While Apollo is understandably angry at first, it takes just one look at little Tanya for him to admit that he probably would have done the same thing.
- For his whole episode appearance in "The Man With Nine Lives", Chameleon has been nothing but a manipulative jerk. But when Starbuck says he wants to quit the service so they can spend time together, the old snake oil salesman feels awful and tries to tell him the truth. Unfortunately, some assassins he'd pissed off earlier interrupt him.
- The fact that he also turns out to really be Starbuck's father is another heartwarming moment.
- Starbuck and Hector wander around the city in "Greetings from Earth", philosophizing as they go. While much of what they discuss is very somber, it's nice to see Starbucks more thoughtful side.
- Apollo's speech to the Precedium near the end of "Experiment in Terra". The music that played during the scene made it a surprisingly touching moment.
- The only halfway decent episode "The Return Of Starbuck" has the lieutenant manage what no one in any other Galactiaca series (old or new) ever has. He actually befriends a Centurion. He even notes to himself that had anyone asked him if he were capable of feeling sorry for a Cylon, he would have answered in the negative, until now.