- After a somewhat disastrous evening at the fair, Jack and Shauna end up bashing their heads together while Shauna is attempting to hug Jack. They then hug properly.
Jack: Pretend I don't smell of sick a bit?Shauna: Okay, if you pretend I don't smell of Humphrey wee.
- Shauna's step-father Dan comforts her after her brand new coat is stolen on her birthday, and then immediately goes to get it back for her.
- And it turns out that Lottie and Mildred had already gotten it back for her. They even lie to Shauna's mum so she won't get into trouble for losing it in the first place.
- Jack's older sister always gives him a hard time, but when she finds out that he's being bullied, she declares that he is her personal punching bag, no-one else's. She then brings him a hot drink, and tells Jack that she'll sort it all out for him.
- Despite the fact that Linton has been teasing him endlessly about his crush on Shauna, Jack is this close to jumping into the river after him, after having accidentally pushed him in.
- After having fallen out when Jack failed to show up for their cinema date, Shauna and Jack finally make up. On seeing that Jack is hurt, Shauna has him rest his head in her lap so she can pet his hair.
- Archie is reunited with his family on the Canadian Tundra. Shauna seems upset, but also understands that it is the best place for him.