Heartwarming: American Beauty
- "Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." If you don't think that watching a plastic bag dancing in the wind could ever make you cry, you're wrong.
- Lester backs down from having sex with Angela, and comforts her instead.
- Lester's life-flashing-before-his-eyes montage. Particularly the last shot of Carolyn, riding one of those tilt-a-whirl machines. You see the woman Lester fell in love with all those years ago...
I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world.
- There's something touching about the scene where Jane and Ricky are in his room filming each other and talking about their issues with their parents. They just seem... so vulnerable and open with each other.
- Lester and Ricky bonding early on in the movie. Especially Lester's response to Ricky just quitting his shitty job, which Lester wishes he could do (and later on, actually does). "You just became my personal hero!"
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.