* Can anyone think up a reason, besides pissing off the player, as to why Yoshi dies if he so much as brushes any kind of spike?
** They give him really bad tetanus?
** Baby Bowser got them from [[VideoGame/MegaManClassic Dr. Wily]]?
** Poisoned, maybe?
** He actually gets hurt by them, just like falling off the screen, whereas getting hit by anything else merely knocks the baby from his back?
*** When Yoshi gets hit by an enemy while carrying Mario in [[Videogame/SuperMarioWorld Super Mario World]], the plumber merely falls off his back. Maybe it's a [[ContinuityNod Continuity Nod]].
* If a boss fight takes place in Prince Froggy's stomach, how come you die if on a later level, if you get eaten by a Lunge Fish?
** Maybe Kamek (who made Yoshi shrink in the first place) made it so Yoshi would live, and be alive while Prince Froggy was digesting him.
** Frogs do not chew their food, so Yoshi survives being eaten.
* What exactly do these "stars" do in ''Yoshi's Island DS''? I mean as in the star children; the reason Bowser goes back in time. What do they do? Does it give them some kind of power or something. It was rather ambiguous.
** It... gives them top billing in the series, including spinoffs? Maybe it's more than that, but I wouldn't know. Still, I'm fond of the theory that the seventh star child, a green Yoshi, was granted the ability to speak properly. Thus he's the fluent Yoshi seen in a number of earlier games, most notably ''Videogame/SuperMarioRPG'', where he serves as a translator.
** (Original Poster) I believe that the green Yoshi who is the seventh star child is ''THE'' Yoshi, and it makes sense (they wouldn't just make it a random Yoshi). But is it officially him?
** Well, Bowser stated that the power the stars would give him would enable him to take over the universe, so I guess that's the answer...
* Just where is World 6 anyways? And why does Yoshi need to climb to the top of the island to get there?
** Several options
*** Hell, or a hell archetype: It's a wasteland full of dead or evil things where it's always night.
*** A completely unrelated island: Kamek told Yoshi he would never reach the Koopa kingdom, so there's that.
*** An alternate version of the main island: and evil version obviously.
** The top of Yoshi's island is probably the only place he could teleport from. If the island really is another world rather than just a different island, then it could outright be the only way to get in. Which would also explain why Kamek had a castle built there.
** The crater of the island's volcano? It is a solitary island in the tropics after all.
* Why why why why WHY did they feel the need to A. [[spoiler:Bring Adult Bowser into the plot of ''Yoshi's New Island'' with no reason.]] and B. [[spoiler:Completely destroy the original game's ending, only to recycle it verbatim with an added Adult Mario in the past stinger thrown in with no explanation?]]
** [[spoiler: Alternate continuity? Then again, recent ''Mario'' games have decided to recycle and/or shaft stories. Did Miyamoto direct ''Yoshi's New Island''?]]
* Why does the boss of the first fortress you come to (World 1-4 I ''think'') fly around the room expelling air after you defeat him? Was he holding in a massive fart for the whole battle?
** The boss is a balloon-like enemy, and when you kill him he punctures.
* Why does Yoshi have a hard time throwing a giant egg from a Fat Guy in ''Yoshi's Island'', yet has no problem throwing a Mega Eggdozer which is about ten times bigger then an egg from a Fat Guy in ''Yoshi's New Island''?
** Well take this into consideration. In Yoshi's Island, the Yoshis likely had little experience throwing those eggs, and they only appear in the earlier levels so it makes sense as to why they can't throw them well. In the game's final boss, Yoshi has to throw giant eggs similar to the eggs created from fat guys at a giant Baby Bowser, and at that point, he can throw them across great distances. And then there's the fact that New Island is a direct sequel to the original. Simply put, Yoshi is able to throw Mega Eggdozers because he has the experience from the first game to do so.
* Since the stork is a real thing in this world and we're assuming sex doesn't exist my question is this; how does the stork know when and who to bring babies? Does it get summoned by the wedding bells? While we're at it who makes the babies?
** Perhaps there's multiple storks that do the job of delivering babies. As for where they come from, if it isn't sex, then... Magic?
* This is most jarring in the last level of Yoshi's Island... Kamek spent literally all game long trying to get Baby Mario from Yoshi. Now, in the first part of the level, Yoshi turns into a helicopter to fly into the castle (and leaving Baby Mario in a bubble where he picked up the powerup) while Kamek chases him. The Toadies can pluck Baby Mario while he is in his bubble crying, as shown whenever you let the countdown reach 0. So here is the question: Why then, is Kamek trying to swoop at the helicopter Yoshi flying towards Bowser's Castle, when he can just take Baby Mario directly from the bubble, and just leave and finish his job?
** Likely because Kamek wants to make sure Yoshi's dead so he can take the baby without Yoshi in the way.
* What exactly is Six Face Sal from Yoshi's Island DS? What species? I think it's a Bouncie. (The pink bubble with a face.)