Headscratchers: The Authority
- Ok, DC in general has always bugged me with their willingness to make-up ways around the "only one universe" thing after Crisis on Infinite Earths," but at least I was finally able to dig through enough material to figure out that the Crime Syndicate was from the Antimatter Universe, making it technically fair. What really bugs me now, however, is this: If there are now only 52 universes in the DC Multiverse, and the Wildstorm verse is one of them, what did The Authority visit in issue 6 of The Lost Year?
- The argument often used was that Wildstorm (and all published comics) were still separate from the DCU, and that the DCU's multiverse simply had an approximation of the main Wildstorm universe that they could have used as they desired. The DCU's '52 universe' rule was, after all, only made up during Infinite Crisis' finale and the weekly 52 series. So.. Yeah. The actual Wildstorm universe would still have been separate, but the DCU had approximations of those characters and that world that they can use as necessary. It's all something of a moot point following Flashpoint, of course.
- Well, Midnighter has repeatedly proven to be able to survive in anaerobic environments (such as the MARS for example) for quite an amount of time (even if it hurts him to do so). Still, during a major tearjerker moment in the latest arc he uses one of the supposedly rare OXYGEN-CYLINDERS in order to be able to meet Apollo above the polluted smog. It's stated by both Jack and Apollo that Midnighters habit of visiting Apollo like this is likely to get him killed eventually anyways and since he is able to shut down his pain-receptors I don't think a little bit of pain would bother him, so: Why waste resources unnecessarily?
- I keep reading that Swift got a boob job. When did that happen, because I don't remember her ever getting plastic surgery?
- Mentioned in the "Green Inferno" arc, when the team is fighting the ex-Doctor. When ex-Doc is getting the better of Jack Hawksmoor (the rest of the team already being on the ropes), Swift swoops into the fray, telling Jack that "the chick with the twenty-grand boob job is coming to save your ass."