Headscratchers: Tenchi Muyo!
Hi guys. Something that bothered me about the series was the character of Noike. She was basically a less human looking version of Kiyone. Why couldn't they have just wrote in Kiyone? They can certainly have two Kiyones in one series, they already have two Ryokos.
- Kajishima doesn't own the rights to the character. She was originally written for Naoko Hasegawa's tie-in novels. Not to mention her character really doesn't fit with the OAV version of Mihoshi.
- If you look at the art books that Kajishima-sensei released, you will realize that Noike actually existed long before Kiyone was created
- A minor nitpick that has been bothering this troper for a very long time. (since the days of toonami). Everyone in Ayeka's family, from Yosho, to her father, to her mother, to Yosho's mother, to her little sister...why is it Ayeka has a british accent but no one else does?!
- She has a British accent? All kidding aside, it's probably more an attempt to show her more formal manner of speech.
- Is Ayeka's skin some kind of mood ring? So far, her skin tones have included gray for battle, pink for drunk, orange for angry, and normal. This trait doesn't seem to be shared by anyone, even Sasami, who's consistently pale.
- The grey thing is a type of defense shield, and the rest are more or less standard anime emotes.
- In the OVA, Ryoko mentions watching Tenchi (via a form of astral projection) as a kid while still imprisoned in the cave, with no signs of hostility towards him. When they meet face to face for the first time at Tenchi's school, however, the first thing Ryoko does is vent out her frustration for being locked away for seven centuries by trying to kick Tenchi's ass. Did Ryoko fail to recognize who Tenchi was, or was this some sort of test to see if he was worth her time?
- She was pretty much just playing around, according to Word of God.