Headscratchers: Switched at Birth
- Buckner Hall and Carlton faced off against each other in the Missouri State Girls' Basketball Championships in Springfield (not that one). But wasn't it established that Buckner's in Mission Hills which is in Kansas?
- It's not explicitly a state championship - it's just presented as a prestigious basketball tournament.
- Meanwhile, were they the only ones there or were the other teams just not important?
- Why has no one pointed out that since the girls are technically each other (Bay is Daphne Vasquez and Daphne is Bay Kennish), unless they legally changed their names and resubmitted their real birth certificates to everyone who needs them, a lot of official documents are nullified, beginning with their driver's licenses?
- Because they were switched in the hospital, before their births were registered, presumably, Bay was registered as Bay Kennish, and Daphne was registered as Daphne Vasquez, rather than being registered as each other then being switched. Bay IS Bay, and was raised as Bay, even if she would have been raised as Daphne if the switch hadn't happened, same with Daphne. As they would have been registered as their parents child (even if they weren't), then that's how the law would see them. I believe this is how it can happen with adoptions and surrogate mothers - the child gets registered as the child of the adopting couple/couple who will be raising them, not the birth parents.
- Did I miss something or is there a reason why Daphne has Regina's surname and not Angelo's or is it just that Regina switched her and Daphne back to her maiden name after Angelo left?
- Regina and Angelo weren't married at the time of Daphne/Bay's birth. It is not uncommon for unmarried mothers to give their babies their last names, even if the father is in the picture at the time.
- Don't forget that Angelo didn't believe Daphne was his child due to her having green eyes, and later, red hair. It could be on the birth certificate, she was registered as Daphne Sorrento, but Regina could have changed it after Angelo had a DNA tested and walked out on them.
- Except we saw Daphne's birth certificate in the first season and it clearly listed her name as Daphne Vasquez.