Why doesn't Brick Top just bet on Mickey to win and have his own fighter take the dive? He'd obviously make a lot more money betting on a total unknown and winning than he would betting on the overwhelming favorite.
- There's a few reasons I can think of. Firstly, the fixes have probably been arranged well in advance — certainly, in the first fight Mickey's standing in for another fighter who was supposed to be taking the fall, so it's probably something similar in the second fight as well. It's probably too late for Bricktop to change who he's betting on without it looking even more suspicious, particularly if he's taking all his money off an established fighter to put it all on some unknown. Since the purpose of fixing the fight is to make sure as few people know about it as possible (so that they put money on the fight in the belief that it could go either way, whereas if it's widely known that the fix is on they either won't put money on at all, will all put money on the one they know is going to win, will get very pissed off en mass if they do or will contact the police / fight authorities), he wants to keep suspicions low — if he suddenly puts all his cash on some unknown quantity, people are going to get suspicious. Also, IIRC these are Bricktop's fighters Mickey's going up against, so that brings in issues of pride and respect; Bricktop probably doesn't like the idea of his fighters losing (hence the fix), especially not to some unknown 'pikey' who lays them out with one punch. His rather psychotic pride is getting in the way.
- The short answer is that Brick Top wouldn't be able to bet against his own fighter. No one would take the bet because it's a clear admission of a fix.
- Probably Brick Top making himself out to be an absolute bastard.
- This is exactly the point. Brick Top is emphasizing just how nasty he is for the benefit of the people he's speaking to.
- The English use cunt differently. It's still the worst thing you can call a female but it is used amongst males more liberally, particularly lower-class people like gangsters. Australians use it much like American blacks use nigga.
- It's a happy ending for Tommy and Turkish, a bittersweet ending for Avi and Mickey, and a downer ending for everyone else.
- A case can be made for No Ending, to a degree at least: Turkish and Tommy might make a bit of cash from the diamond, but it's suggested that life is going to go on more or less as it always has regardless. It's not necessarily an ending as much as a point where the story decides it's done.
- At least they'll be able to afford a swanky new caravan with the money from the diamond.
- You don't. The idea is to prevent identification via dental records.
- You don't want to have do dig through pig shit, but if the cops suspect you've been feeding people to pigs, they're more than willing to. Hair and teeth would be a clear giveaway, so those need to be disposed of elsewhere.