Headscratchers: Pandora Hearts
Because with a plot
like this, how could anyone NOT get confused?
- Why does Oz have an incuse when he is the chain?
- Oz doesn't. It's Jack's, the result of his contract with Oz the B-rabbit, and it reappeared when Oz made contact with Alice and thus was in possession of his B-rabbit power once more.
- How does Kevin Legnard's story still exist? If Break changed the past that resulted in the entire Sinclair family dying differently and him never becoming a contractor, why do people still know about him and what he did? I know this'll end up sounding like a Grandfather Paradox but what happened to the Kevin Legnard of the new timeline where the first attack never happened? (Should we assume that Xerxes Break exists outside of this timeline or something?)
- the Intention only changed things for the family. So as far as history knows five years before the slaughter of House Sinclair, the specter killed for year and vanished. when the specter stopped killing the Sinclair knight, Kevin, had vanished and Pandora put two and two together. Thats my theory.
- What is Echo, really? So her name is actually Duldum, the same as Noise's Chain. Does that make her a split personality as well as a Chain? And what is the chain's real name, Duldee or Duldum? Or they actually... two chains??? Forgive me, but this troper is much more confused than she should be.
- According to Retrace 89 (or as much sense as this troper could make of it) Noise is the original identity of the body. The chain's name is Duldee and the split personality it creates is called Duldum. Noise's nickname for Duldum is Echo (so Echo=Duldum. Whether that makes her a chain or a split personality is up to you I guess...) I think it works like this: Duldee is the chain. However it's a unique chain (like Humpty Dumpty in a way) in that it takes over it's contractor. However, since the strain is too great and drives the contractor insane, Duldee creates Duldum to use as the medium instead. So Echo is Duldum and Zwei is Duldee-possessed Duldum...maybe? (This troper's question is how Noise who was so calm in Retrace 89 and Echo who was kinda nuts switched personalities and why Echo is currently the dominant personality if Vincent clearly prefers Noise?)
- When did Gilbert leave the Nightray manor? According to Vincent, he left for good after the Head Hunter targeted him (and killed the people he was with) which occurred after the deaths of Claude and Ernest. Yet their deaths happened after Gil's poisoning (since they were the actual culprits) and when Leo was already Elliot's valet (since they were plotting to kill him after they bumped off their adopted brothers). However, according to Elliot, when he was trying to get Leo accepted, Gil had already left the Nightray manor. So when did Gilbert leave and when did Leo become Elliot's valet?
- Where did Ada come from? Oz's mother is dead and there's no evidence to suggest his father remarried.
- Simple, the mother died after Ada was born.