- So... if the "H" isn't short for Hentai, what does it mean?
- My guess is that it does come from the English transliteration of "Hentai", which only means "perverted", using the first letter as a stand-in. But I really don't know...
- It almost certainly does come from "hentai", and the EDICT dictionary even says as much. The two terms still aren't synonymous, though. I've revised the article to reflect this.
- Japanese use it as a shortcut for Ecchi. When they pronounce "H" with the accent, it sounds like "Ecchi".
- You're actually watching "H." Perhaps more accurately a mispronunciation of the name of the letter H.
- Is there ecchi with fanservice focused primarily on men?
- Yes, there is. Usually in yaoi-genre stories, but the anime series Free! is the latest series of male-fanservice for female audience.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.