Headscratchers: Charlie The Unicorn
- I, for one, am confused about the whole 'Type Queen-Steele' thing. I thought that they were the same person. Did Type Queen make Charlie the Unicorn first? Did Jason Steele? Or does anyone really know? To add to the confusion, Jason Steele's videos share both the graphic style and humour type of Charlie, while Type Queen's videos aren't related in the slightest, save the fact that they're animated with the same programs. Also, TQ's animations have a very confined feel to the animation, making it look like she never finished the rendering process. (To figure out what I mean by that, just watch her 'Evolution of the Unicorn'.) Can someone clear up the confusion?
- In the third one: How did Charlie know that was his kidney?
- It's a reasonable hypothesis, that's all.
- Why do Charlie, Pink, and Blue have tails but no manes?
- They shave. Or, rather, Pink and Blue have always been like that (Charlie suspects they shave) and Charlie has been either forced to shave or had his mane stolen after yet another wacky adventure.
- Perhaps this particular type of unicorns simply do not have manes?
- If I'm up to date on my unicorn mythology, Unicorns didn't have manes in their early interpretations so it could be a reference to that. Although they also had goat-like feet and lion-like tails so I'm probably wrong. However it may be because if they had manes they would get in the way of the characters and make their drawings a bit off. So it's probably more of an artistic reason than mythological reason.