Tropers Online: 4,184
[ Login for more options ]
Have A Gay Old Time: Toys
- + Create New
- Would anyone today even think of naming a kit full of miniature girders, bolts, and platforms, to be marketed to young boys, an "Erector Set"? Worse yet, an ad for it said, "Boys today... men tomorrow!"
- We have the Autobot Erector, who only fights when provoked.
- This toy dog called Gaylord. He comes with a bone of his own.
- There was a plastic toy company called "Gay Toys, Inc".
- The writer of a 1980s promotional jingle for the Hackey-Sack doesn't seem to have considered how this line would scan to the toy's teenage target audience:
Flip it like this, flip it like that, I can keep it up for days, I'm a Sack aristocrat!
- The G1 My Little Pony series had a slumber party-loving pony named Pillow Talk. Granted, the intimate act of pillow talk itself can be platonic, but still...