Gangsta: Neighbourhood Friendly Gangsters
"I gots Harlem, Richie. I took care of Harlem, n' now Harlem is gonna take care of mah dirty ass. Yo ass can believe dis shit."
It aint nuthin but not enough fo' it ta just feel phat ta be a thug
, you should also win tha sympathy of tha crew. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Since racketeering, random murdaz n' pushin sticky-icky-ickys don't straight-up fly wit tha general public, heroic criminals up in fiction is probably Neighbourhood Friendly Gangsters.
There is truth ta this, particularly up in tha birthplace of tha mob, Sicily. Eventually, tha localz of dat harried island go pissed wit bein invaded every last muthafuckin other week, n' banded together wit tha local thugs. Da same goes fo' Harlem durin tha Civil Rights Struggle, which saw its share of unfair treatment by police.
This trope is probably set against mo' villanous locals or outsiders
. Neighbourhood Friendly Gangsters
almost always have standards
; refusin ta deal hard sticky-icky-ickys be a cold-ass lil common one.
This trope has some elementz of Truth in Television
: crime syndicates dat wish ta survive up in a cold-ass lil hood try ta have phat hood relations
, afta tha philosophy "don't shiznit where you eat". Many criminal crews (includin tha Sicilian Mafia, tha Chinese triad societies, n' most Gangsta street gangs) also have they roots up in hood self-defense efforts, although they share a phat tendency ta degenerate tha fuck into mo' euphemistic "protection" among other abuses. Mo'over, havin a organised crime tracksuit up in yo' hood tendz ta help cut down on dis
organized crime-the common criminals whoz ass might otherwise commit crimes up in dat hood is too afraid of committin a cold-ass lil crime against the wrong person
, n' paying
fo' dat shit.
Compare Even Evil Has Standards
, Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangster
, Gentleman Thief
, Loveable Rogue
, The Family for the Whole Family
, Honor Among Thieves
, n' The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
. Contrast Ruthless Foreign Gangsters
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part 5 has a section of Passione, a gang which carries tha series protagonist, Giorno, as itz newest member n' shit. Da gang is a lil' small-ass subgroup up in tha prominent mafia which is a exception up in dat tha playas LIKE them, rather than tha extortion side. Da only nasty member gets his wild lil' fuckin early on n' replaced by Giorno, followin which it is revealed dat tha crew leader Bucciarati hates sticky-icky-icky dealin n' dirty deedz n' only joined up ta help put a stop ta it (Similar ta Giorno his dirty ass). Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. So Neighbourhood thugged-out dat oldschool playas willingly go up ta ask them, a crew of rogues wit supernatural abilitizzles n' shiznit surroundin them, fo' help.
- Baccano! don't straight-up bust a nut on at all on tha crime-for-profit element of The Mafia (except fo' all dem mentionz of speakeasies), n' its mobsta charactas might as well be violent aristocrats given they behavior n' portrayal. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack. Da light novels do go a lil' bit mo' tha fuck into crime, wit tha Genoard fortune comin from snow white n' tha Gandors bein explicitly opposed ta sticky-icky-icky dealing. Of course, dis only reinforces which charactas is Neighbourhood Friendly Gangsters.
- Also, Jaccuzi n' Sick run a cold-ass lil crew of hood minded delinquents.
- Yusuke from YuYu Hakusho be a Neighbourhood Friendly Punk whoz ass shoplifts, smokes, gamblez n' gets tha fuck into fights fo' fun.
- Ichigo from Bleach starts up perceived tha same way, as he is believed ta bleach his hair, even though it is naturally red, n' da ruffneck do not trust authoritizzle figures.
- Da Kuroda crew up in Gokusen is like dis y'all. They still like a phat fight n' git most of they resources from illegal gamblin n' protection of hostess bars. Though unlike others they don't just git protection scrilla ta extort them, they straight-up do protect em.
- Da Washimine crew of tha "Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise" arc up in Black Lagoon be a ethical Yakuza, fightin a uphill battle against mo' ruthless Delinquents n' The Mafiya headed by Balalaika. Ginji Matsuzaki, tha wakagashira n' resident Badass of tha group, comments dat while they impoverished, itz mo' honourable than "pimpin dem hoes n' meth."
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, fo' tha straight-up original gangsta 8 volumes, be a wacky comedy where tha cast is supposed ta be a Mafia crew. They're straight-up mo' True Companions than anythang else.
- Then tha other part of they crew show dat they is not Friendly n' engages up in tha battle fo' succession of tha boss title.
- Later, another mafia crew is introduced. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! This one (up in tha future) has taken over tha ghetto.
- And tha sickest fuckin flashbacks reveal dat tha protagonistz crew up in its first generation was a vigilante group, n' only later has been turned tha fuck into a gangbangin' full-blown mafia crew.
- Da Sonozaki crew up in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni enforces tha peace up in Hinamizawa whenever tha cops aren't around.
- Da Dollars up in Durarara!! is suttin' of a example, whether they a gang, a neighbourhood peep organisation or just a crew of random anonymous playas dependz on how tha fuck you peep it fo' realz. Also when Kida ruled them tha Yellow Scarves was this, at least up in comparison ta Blue Square.
- Da Yakuza of Futakoi Alternative. Granted, when compared ta biomechanical flyin pyromaniac squid, simple Yakuza seem pretty tame.
- HOMRA up in K gives off a phat street-thug vibe n' can often be rude ta innocents yo, but they never intentionally do suttin' evil. Their actions is mostly pushed by they close bondz n' they instincts ta protect n' stick up fo' thugz of tha gang.
- Da E Street Bloodsuckers from Formerly Known as tha Justice League was supa powered lil pimp prodigies whoz ass dropped outta college at 15 ta seek enlightenment on tha streets, n' you can put dat on yo' toast. They pretended ta be thugs up in order ta protect they hood from genuine crime, n' loot shiznit fo' realz. And, oh yeah, they was based on The Three Stooges.
- Catwoman n' tha Alleytown Kids. No sticky-icky-ickys, no glocks n' don't loot from locals.
- After a tornado destroyed tha already crumbling Hub City, Mayor Fermin hired tha local biker gangs on as a five-o force. They straight-up did a funky-ass mo' betta thang than tha real police.
- At one time or another, nuff muthafuckin of Gothamz street gangs done been under tha leadershizzle of Batman, whether they know it or not.
- Durin tha Gang Battle storyline, Tarantula took over her hood n' forced tha gangs ta be mo' proactive.
- Da later half of Brian Bendiss Daredevil run has Mack Murdock publicly beat Wilson Fisk n' declare his dirty ass Mackdaddypin of Hellz Kitchen. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude tries ta encourage other heroes ta do tha same fo' they respectizzle hoods.
- Johnny Dangerously. "I mean, sure, we was criminals yo, but we never hurt tha general hood fo' realz. And every last muthafuckin year at Chrizzle Time, we'd bust a lil' bit of scrilla back ta tha hood."
- Michael Jackson was meant ta be one up in tha Smooth Criminal segment of tha Moonwalker film against tha evil mobsta Mista Muthafuckin Big, played by Joe Pesci.
- American Gangster, though tha sticky-icky-icky trade aint toned down, or glorified fo' dat matter.
- Da Corleone Family of The Godfather is like dis under Don Vito: principled thugs whoz ass stay locked n' loaded fo' dem playas whoz ass show dem respect, refusin ta deal wit sticky-icky-ickys. Whereas tha other crews, particularly tha ruthless Tataglias n' Barzinis, is downright evil. Becomes somewhat of a Lost Aesop up in tha vizzle game, when you hustlin round whoopin up shopkeepers n' collectin protection-money up in tha name of Da Family...
- Sonny (Chazz Palminteri) up in A Bronx Tale. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Since itz all based on Palminteriz youth up in tha Bronx, tha original gangsta Sonny is probably a example of Truth in Television as well.
- It be worth notin dat while Sonny do believe up in takin care of tha neighbourhood, a shitload of tha pimps he is up in charge of is either weak-ass muthafuckas or violent thugs, n' there be some lil' small-ass hints dat if one of tha other pimps was hustlin thangs instead thangs would be a shitload messier fo' dat neighbourhood.
- Played fo' laughs up in Ali G Indahouse. Da chilly suburb of Staines has two resident "gangs," whoz ass is straight-up just real-ass lil playas whoz ass like ta imitate gangsta rappers. All Out harmless ta tha hood n' each other, they freshest crimes is graffiti n' tokin weed. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! One particular scene focuses on how tha fuck Ali G won't even exceed tha speed limit yo. Dude even volunteers at a leisure center ta teach lil playas how tha fuck ta "Keep it Real."
- Da thug protagonist of Victor/Victoria be a sort of Gatsby-like character- a constipated playa whoz ass is tha domes/face fo' mobstas yo, but da ruffneck don't do anythang evil on screen except strugglin against other thugs whoz ass is presented as wack guys, n' his gayngster bodyguard be a all-around sick playa as well.
- In tha Mexican film El Crimen del Padre Amaro (Da Crime of Father Amaro), tha local priest has a long-standin thang wit tha local sticky-icky-icky lord whoz ass donates big-ass sumz of scrilla fo' tha churchz freshly smoked up leperz hospitizzle n' orphanage.
- Moses n' his wild lil' freakadelic gang from Attack the Block. When he findz up dat Sam lives up in tha Block, he apologizes fo' muggin her all up in tha beginnin of tha porno n' gives back tha rang tha pimpin' muthafucka took from her, n' he even willin ta give his wild lil' freakadelic game ta protect tha Block from a alien invasion. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Dude survives.
- Marcone from The Dresden Files can fall tha fuck into dis trope as his syndicate helped Harry take down a serial killa up in book one, n' tha five-o fo' da most thugged-out part don't bother his ass cuz of tha fact dat his organized crime tendz ta keep lesser gangs from goin rampant.
- It should be noted, however, dat tha "serial killer" up in Storm Front was straight-up targetin Marcone n' his wild lil' freakadelic gang, so Marconez mad limited help was enlightened self-interest fo' realz. Also, Marcone is tha only crime boss up in Chicago. There is no other gangs; his schmoooove ass controls his own playas ruthlessly, cuz unnecessary violins is wack fo' bidnizz, n' attracts five-o attention. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. But fuck dat shiznit yo, tha word on tha street is dat god help mah playas, criminal or otherwise, whoz ass hurts a cold-ass lil lil pimp if Marcone findz up bout it— even his own playas is ta leave lil playas ridin' solo.
- Steven Brustz Vlad Taltos series keeps Vlad sympathetic by showin how tha fuck tha Jhereg criminal organization ta which his thugged-out lil' punk-ass belongs has a strict code of ethics. They deal up in tha vice industry yo, but don't force mah playas ta take they wares. They demand protection scrilla yo, but straight-up follow all up in wit dat shit. They carry up assassinations yo, but generally only on fellow power-players. If you a cold-ass lil common playa hater whoz ass keeps his nozzle clean, you have virtually not a god damn thang ta fear. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Eventually, however, Vlad becomes disenchanted by criminalitizzle altogether.
- Da Thieves Guild up in Discworld 'has standards' n' arranges crime up in mutally benificent forms (as far as crime goes): rich playas pay a annual premium, n' arrange fo' a cold-ass lil convenient date ta rob a acceptable amount from these rich clients up in they own home. Poorer (but not penniless) playa hatas is robbed up in a gangbangin' fairly polite fashizzle on tha streets, they bidnizz premises or cribs, is not badly fucked up, n' is given a receipt which guarantees they won't suffer another straight-up legit robbery fo' tha rest of tha year. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. Criminals whoz ass don't keep ta dis arrangement, or whoz ass don't display they licence when on bidnizz, is dealt wit by tha Watch if they dirty... or by tha Thieves' Guild if they unlucky.
- Da Troll criminal organisation "Breccia" also fits tha mold, even though they is pretty ruthless. Chrysophrase helps Vimes prevent riots on Koom Valley Dizzle by revealin a thugged-out sticky-icky-icky lab.
- Thatz cuz tha sticky-icky-icky manufactured there would cause homicidal insanity, n' later dirtnap. Chrysophrase wants stable bidnizz, which is rather hard wit dead hustlas. Breccia be a mad ruthless Mafia organization - Chrysophrase chops up one of his underlings fo' bein disrespectful up in tha straight-up same scene (well is implied to, anyway) - but they don't wanna rock tha boat too much n' destroy they own chancez of gettin rich(er).
- Not just implied:
Chrysophrase pushed forward a cold-ass lil crate. "Here, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho. Dis is dat troll what tha fuck was so disrespec'ful of y'all an' you crew earlier n' shiznit yo. Dude suggest I would brang harm ta yo' ghettofab hoe or yo' son. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude a wack troll. Straight-up disrespec'ful."
Vimes stared all up in tha crate. Dat shiznit was far too lil' small-ass ta fit a whole troll. "And what tha fuck would you suggest I do wit him?"
Chrysophrase shrugged. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! "Could start a rock garden."
- It be stated up in tha later books dat tha Thieves Guild is slowly evolvin tha fuck into a insurizzle company. Chrysophrase also fronts ta be movin tha fuck into legitimate property n' financial skillz mo' than his wild lil' first bidnizz, sticky-icky-icky smuggling, though he remains a major underworld figure, whereas tha Head of tha Thieves Guild be a blingin n' bigged up playa hater who, it is implied, could even be a cold-ass lil muthafucka fo' Patrician.
- Crime bosses Stragen, Platime, n' Calaador, all thugz of tha "secret posse" of gangbangas up in Dizzy Eddings' The Elenium, is willin alliez of tha protagonists, n' you can put dat on yo' toast. Each is depicted as bein essentially driven by phat bidnizz sense rather than wackty. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Stragen up in particular had taught his Guild ta prey mo' upon tha aristocracy than tha common folk.
- Da hooligans up in Footbizzle Factory is pretty close ta a organized crime group, n' even push some sticky-icky-ickys yo, but is decent playas fo' da most thugged-out part, wit a cold-ass lil code of honour ta only fight wit other hooligans n' tha "old bill".
- Recurrin character Tony Marcus from tha Spenser series runs most of tha black crime up in Boston yo, but is generally a pimpin' thugged-out guy, even when tha pimpin' muthafucka threatenin Spenser n' shit. But just as often da thug willin ta lend up his thugged-out lil' playas ta Spenser ta git one of mah thugs worse outta Boston.
- Da Mafia of Snow Crash are, essentially, just another corporation by dis point. They engage up in gang war wit some other, newer n' mo' ruthless gangs-itz stated at one point dat a Mafia branch had taken over a area traditionally dominated by tha newer gangs, n' turned it from a stereotypical gang-crime hellhole tha fuck into a more-or-less laid back hood. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! I be fly as a gangbangin' falcon, soarin all up in tha sky dawwwwg! Of course, up in Snow Crash tha distinction between criminal syndicate, corporation n' ghetto is never entirely clear.
Live Action TV
- Boardwalk Empire:
- Nucky is tha hood boss of Atlantic Citizzle n' is tied tha fuck into tha Republican jam juice structure. Dat punk a Villain with Good Publicity, up only fo' his own gain yo, but up in bustin so often helps keep order n' works ta build up Atlantic Cityz industry.
- Atlantic hoodz primary industries is gamblin n' party-based tourism, both de facto illegal all up in tha time of tha setting, so mah playas horny bout supportin tha hood can't straight-up avoid dis trope.
- Chalky White is tha boss of tha black population. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude maintains his thugged-out lil' juice over tha hood by helpin dem solve various problems. In nuff muthafuckin scenes da perved-out muthafucka shown ta git a thugged-out detailed knowledge of tha local gangstas n' they day-to-dizzle lives. In one scene, however, nuff muthafuckin black dem hoes accuse his ass of preyin on tha hood n' givin back only baublez like Chrizzle hams ta keep dem placated.
- Weevil becomes one towardz Veronica later up in Veronica Mars.
- The Wire: A hustlin theme shows how tha fuck sticky-icky-ickylordz seek notoriety n' often stand as influential thugz of tha hood.
- Da Barksdale crew sponsors a cold-ass lil crosstown basketbizzle game against tha Eastside Proposizzle Joe crew. Da Barksdalez also help fund Cuttyz boxin gym.
- Even Marlo is peeped givin up scrilla ta tha local lil playas fo' back ta school clothes. In tha process da perved-out muthafucka seems ta be on tha lookout fo' freshly smoked up hoppers like fuckin Michael.
- Omar Little, up in contrast ta tha sticky-icky-ickylords, has a mo' Robin Hood-esque reputation. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude would loot sticky-icky-ickys n' chedda from stashes, n' then distribute tha sticky-icky-ickys fo' free ta playas whoz ass lived near his hideouts, n' you can put dat on yo' toast. They would then act as spies fo' his muthafuckin ass.
- A major theme up in Sons of Anarchy is tha MCz belief dat they phat fo' tha hood n' help protect it from sticky-icky-ickys, violent gangs, n' greedy land pimpers. They're considered leadin thugz of tha hood up in spite of tha fact dat mah playas knows dat they gunrunnin criminals. It aint nuthin but frequently pointed up dat tha Sons straight-up couldn't give a fuckin shiznit bout tha hood. Their actions is motivated only by tha desire ta git a safe base of operations ta live they outlaw gamestyle. Da growth of Charmin has been stunted cuz of tha fact dat tha Sons wanna maintain they dominizzle over dat shit.
- Da Ha'la'tha up in Caprica yo, but only fo' Taurons. Over time, it becomes apparent dat tha Guatrau has drifted from tha practice of helpin Taurons n' is mo' concerned wit makin scrilla. This inspires Sam n' Joseph ta turn on him.
- Mike n' company gotta deal wit a gang leader of dis sort up in a episode of Burn Notice. Da episode implies dat dis thugz presence up in his fuckin local hood would be much mo' preferable ta tha rival gang.
- Castle n' Beckett Come across one such gang up in a bangin-ass characterization of tha Westies.
- Sweet Daddy Williams is dis on Good Times. One prime example is dat da ruffneck did not charge his usual exorbitant rates on tha scrilla dat JJ owed his ass fo' Thelmaz weddin yo. Dude was moved by Thelma givin his ass her heirloom phat gold rope dat Florida had given her fo' tha weddin cuz it reminded his ass of his crazy-ass mutha n' shit. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Since Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas, tha pimpin' muthafucka drops some lyrics ta tha crew dat he is lettin dem off tha hook on tha condizzle dat they not tell mah playas bout his kindness.
- Gunn from Angel used ta belong ta dis kind of gang, n' tha thugz of his oldschool gang step tha fuck up in nuff muthafuckin episodes. Da enemy they defend tha hood from is, of course, vampires n' other demons.
- Generally averted up in The Sopranos where tha predatory nature of tha mob aint hidden n' tha local bidnizz suffer regularly yo, but tha Jersey mobstas throw a traditionizzle Gangsta Claus jam n' occassionally organize activitizzles fo' tha hood. One deconstructed example has Paulie as manager of a amusement fair yo. Dude is such a cold-ass lil skankyskate dat his schmoooove ass cuts corners n' securitizzle budget ta tha point one ride becomes hazardous n' a accident ensues.
- WWEz Cryme Tyme was brought up in as a parody of neighbourhood gangstas, quickly jackin tha heartz of tha fans. Shad... well, he gots worse.
- L.A.X. could be peeped as dis ta tha hispanic crews, especially once they turned full blown face.
- Grove Street Families n' Varrios Los Aztecas from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, while still committin gang-warfare n' gunrunning, nonetheless is shown ta abhor tha sticky-icky-ickys trade, wit tha Grove Street Families crackin down hard on mah playas whoz ass sells sticky-icky-ickys on they turf.note Eventually however, tha loss of sticky-icky-icky revenue make tha gang splinter from tha inside.
- Of course, chronic n' lsd aint considered sticky-icky-icky n' thus gets a pass.
- This is tha justification used by tha 3rd Street Saints up in Saints Row yo, but they jump off tha slippery slope pretty quickly, particularly up in tha sequels.
- This is tha major theme of Saints Row The Third; tha gang has been pushin theyselves up fo' popularitizzle n' power, ta tha point where tha suckaz of they robberies ask fo' autographs mid-shakedown, tha penillest chizzle of tha game dat decides tha endin is straight-up dependant on if you wanna go back ta bein corporate whores or (violently) show tha ghetto you straight-up n shit.
- Winston Chuz and later Wei Shen's Gin N Juice Street Boys up in Sleeping Dogs is "only" strong-armin street vendors n' sticky-icky-icky hustlin, though one of undercover cop Weiz first tasks fo' tha gang is ta defend nuff muthafuckin "protection clients" from unaffiliated thugs. On tha other hand, "merely" hustlin extortion n' protection rackets pretty much make tha Gin N Juice Street Thugs a picked-on "lower class" of tha Sun On Yee triad, whereas mo' bangin subsidiaries is involved wit mo' profitable sticky-icky-icky trafficking, prostitution, human trafficking, sex n thangs, n' scrilla laundering, n' tha eventz of tha game start wit "Dogeyes" Linz Jade Gang encroachin on tha Gin N Juice Street Boys' territory. But fuck dat shiznit yo, tha word on tha street is dat none of dem (even Jackie) have any problem casually rappin' bout how tha fuck tha last undercover cop they found was tortured before bein Buried Alive.
- Da Kantou Haguro-gumi up in Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army is a quick-tempered bunch yo, but they generally Robin Hood-types. When they hood is threatened, they is mo' focused on n' do a funky-ass mo' betta thang of protectin it than tha Army.
- Played straight (until Fridge Logic kicked in) up in tha funk but forgettable Cold Zero action game. Da deal had you hustlin fo' a Mafia boss afta a rival frames his ass n' starts pushin a thugged-out sticky-icky-icky wit 100% lethalitizzle (...wait, what?). Da game even endz wit a Spinning Paper reportin "Mob Boss cleared of all charges!" Yo ass is supposed ta feel pleased bout dis yo, but you given no in-game reason ta be thinkin dis Don be any less psychotic than yo' average Mafioso.
- Da Kitaki Family up in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney certainly qualify fo' this-when you hook up tha bosss hoe, her ass is cleanin up spilled paint on her own, n' later, one thug comments dat tha Kitakiz is "locally responsible thugs."
- Da Thieves Guild up in Oblivion skits dis trope straight. They're based up in tha waterfront (poor district) n' refuse ta loot from tha skanky as well as jackin they tax scrilla back from tha guard.
- In Morrowind as well. Gentleman Jim Stacey runs a orderly, profitable bidnizz n' avoidz wack PR. Memberz of tha Guild do not kill, do not rob dem playas whoz ass cannot afford ta be robbed (no profit up in jackin from tha skanky anyway), etc. Da heroez of tha Guild is Robin Hood-type figures, n' later missions include thangs like savin a skanky biatchz home from a cold-ass lil corrupt straight-up legit by jackin his wild lil' forged land deed, jackin a locket dat a retired miner was forced ta push ta pay his cold-ass taxes n' returnin it ta him, n' jackin history books ta give ta a temple tryin ta help educate tha hood.
- Which is starkly contrasted by tha opposin criminal organization, tha Cammona Tong, a crew of xenophobic murderers, sticky-icky-icky pushers, slave dealers, n' blackmailers. They're tha only major civilian faction tha playa (as a "outlander") cannot join, n' tha only crew other than tha cult hustled by tha Big Wack which is never portrayed up in a positizzle light.
- Da Yoshimitsu Group of tha Soul Series. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis! They is established ta protect tha skanky from both tha corruption of tha rich n' tha permeatin evil of Soul Edge.
- Da Hidden Beks up in Knights of the Old Republic. For a while they was a resistizzle cell against tha Mandalorian occupation of Taris, n' Gadon was plannin ta repeat dat by fightin tha Sithz occupation. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Unfortunately, Carth turned up ta be right - tha Mandalorians like a phat one-to-one fight yo, but tha Sith prefer thangs like orbital bombardment.
- Da Freakshow up in City of Heroes is a gang of freaky, sticky-icky-icky addicted, Cyborg gangers dat exemplify tha trope "Anarchy Is Chaos". That is, until Miss Francine comes along n' teaches dem how tha fuck ta ta use they powers fo' good. Westin Phipps has you kidnap Miss Francine n' brang her up in fo' torture so tha Freakshow will stop bein altruistic. Thankfully, you can willingly fail dis mission. Even Evil Has Standards, afta all. Friendly Neighborhood Freakshow "inspired by Miss Francine" later show up in a Goin Rogue tip mission. Heroes can rescue Miss Francine from Arachnos up in another tip mission. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Or they can just beat Phipps.
- Da Mackdaddyz of Fallout: New Vegas is a gang of Lizzy Impersonators whoz ass help protect tha localz of Freeside, tha slumz of New Vegas.
- It aint nuthin but a lil bit mo' grey than dis shit. Da game make it clear dat although tha Mackdaddy his dirty ass be a genuinely phat thug whoz ass cares deeply bout tha thugz of his wild lil' freakadelic gang n' tha playaz of Freeside, there be some up in tha gang (especially his bangin right-hand man) whoz ass is straight-up just up in it fo' juice n' tha opportunitizzle ta feel blingin.
- Brotherhood of Nod is tha terrorist variation, at least up in tha hood opinion up in tha Yellow Zones.
- Mass Effect crime boss, Aria T'Loak, whoz ass controls tha Omega space station; she provides useful shiznit ta Shepard, refuses ta deal wit tha Collectors, she even provides tha grievin mutha of one of Morinthz suckas wit Shepardz e-address so dat thugged-out biiiatch can properly give props ta him/her fo' avengin her daughter, n' up in Mass Effect 3 she puts tha Blood Pack, Blue Suns n' Eclipse crime syndicates at Shepardz disposizzle ta help up in tha fight against tha Reapers.
- Also from Omega, tha Talon gang which is hustled by Ariaz oldschool playa, Nyreen: They actively resist Cerberus' occupation while assistin n' evacuatin civilians caught up in tha crossfire.
- In The Adventures of Dr. McNinja, tha Cumberland, Maryland mob is hustled by Mackdaddy Radical, n' works fo' tha hood all up in actions like fuckin forcin college-bound hustlas ta git all up in tha local Communitizzle College.
- Da Dark Mage Gang up in Aetheria Epics.
- Al Capone had chronic lines set up in Chicago durin tha Great Depression. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch yo. Dude had a soft spot fo' children, once tryin ta peep dat they gots phat milk. Ironically, tha supplies fo' Al Caponez chronic kitchens was acquired by threatenin bakeries, packinghouses n' other chicken suppliers if they didn't hook up tha quota tha thugs demanded.
- In return fo' release from prison n' deportation, Lucky Luciano supposedly used his underworld connections ta provide aid against Mussoliniz regime up in Italy as well as keep Gangsta docks free of strikes n' sabotage. There is debate, however, bout whether he straight-up provided any worthwhile aid or whether dat shiznit was all a scam on his own ghetto durin a time of war.
- Chicago sociologist Sudhir Venkatesh dropped muthafuckin years researchin tha Black Disciplez Nation crack snow white gang, n' noticed they dropped a part of they income ta hold block partizzles n' paid tha crewz of dead members. Da leader of tha gang explained dat they didn't wanna be peeped as a scourge ta tha hood, rather a pillar.
- Durin tha minutes immediately followin Martin Luther Mackdaddyz assassination, there was horrific riots on tha Westside Side of Chicago. Da Downtown Side, which was generally considered a much mo' fucked up area was not subject ta riotin cuz tha two big-ass n' bangin gangs (whose juice struggle was what tha fuck juiced it up such a gangbangin' fucked up area up in tha straight-up original gangsta place!) tha Blackstone Rangers n' tha Disciples, cooperated ta keep it calm.
- This urban legend.
- African-Gangsta street gangs like fuckin tha Crips originally started as informal youth-oriented "street clubs" intended ta protect tha immediate hood n' counter tha effectz of tha racizzle (both overt n' institutional) dat was pervasive up in tha mid-20th century.
- Da notorious MS-13 gang up in Los Angelez was started by Salvadoran immigrants up in response ta attacks n' intimidation by already-established Mexican n' African-Gangsta gangs.
- Many South-Gangsta gang wit big-ass amoutz of profit from sticky-icky-ickys provide mo' betta saftey n' securitizzle ta locals than tha goverment theyselves would.
- Da Yamaguchi-gumi, tha phattest Yakuza gang up in Japan, is headquartered up in Kobe; durin tha earthquake up in 1995, they donated scrilla n' a helicopter ta tha relief effort, n' had they pimps rescuin playas from tha rubble. This trope is straight-up a part of they traditionizzle code, since they considered theyselves protectorz of they communities. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis! Many yakuza traditions go back ta vigilante crews up in tha early Edo period.
- Cracked z "5 Inspirin Actz of Kindnizz by Terrifyin Crime Syndicates"
- Da notorious Colombian sticky-icky-icky lord Pablo Escobar invested heavily up in tha welfare of his HQ hood of Medellín, buildin housin projects, churches n' game facilities. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feel dis! Da playaz of tha hood, especially tha skanky, saw his ass as a local hero. Escobar also offered ta pay the entire Columbian nationistic debt up in exchange fo' immunity.
- When tha five-o n' army of Jamaica raided Mackdaddyston up in search of Christopher "Dudus" Coke-suspected by tha U.S. ta be a gang leader n' sticky-icky-icky smuggler-the fightin just ta git tha fuck into tha hood block where da thug was suspected ta be hidin capped some 50 people. Da search wasn't helped by tha fact dat Coke is like ghettofab up in his hood, props ta nuff muthafuckin charitizzle initiatives he runs there.
- This is pretty much how tha fuck big-ass terrorist crews work (and up in nuff places, tha line between "terrorist" n' "thug" can be blurry): they provide chicken, medicinal skillz, sometimes even run juice plants ta provide electricitizzle mo' betta than tha legitimate posse, ensurin a gangbangin' thugged-out population whoz ass will hide dem up in a area they can base they attacks from. If tha legitimate posse is especially corrupt or incompetent (or simply aint gots enough resources ta provide fo' tha entire ghetto n' concentrates on one area) tha terrorists can become tha de facto posse. This is why Hezbollah is up in control of partz of Lebanon, n' Hamas did so well at dis dat it straight-up democratically won a majoritizzle up in tha posse of tha Palestinian Authoritizzle (and then took complete control of Gaza).
- Solntsevo is Moscow district, dat was home of Solntsevskaya Bratva, one of da most thugged-out bangin crews from The Mafiya fo' realz. At tha same time dat shiznit was safest neighbourhood up in tha hood, as no one dared ta make shiznit on tha Bratva teritory n' Bratva itself was keepin phat PR.
- Example from Balkans. There be a report bout case up in which Mob retrived a cold-ass lil hoopty jacked from playa whoz ass paid dem fo' "insurance".
- Many of tha Mexican sticky-icky-icky cartels (especially tha old-school ones) could pass as this, wit tha exception of tha Zetas which is relatively freshly smoked up n' known fo' they utter ruthlessness:
- Da forma sticky-icky-icky lord Malherbe is regarded as a pimped out benefactor of his home village, pavin tha streets n' buildin schools n' hospitizzles.
- Osiel Cardenas, tha head of tha Gulf Cartel, even afta his capture busted trucks filled wit toys, clowns n' magicians ta tha lil pimpz of impoverished hoodz n' slums every last muthafuckin Childrenz Dizzle (April 30), he even included greetin cardz encouragin tha lil pimps from there ta git all up in school, study n' work hard.
- In tha towns afflicted by tha Drizzle Battle tha thugz of tha Gulf Cartel reportedly assist playas lookin fo' directions n' give warnings bout violent outbreaks, always remainin dem dat they is "Here ta protect you".
- Many anarchists n' other anti-statists whoz ass may or may not be laid back wit tha "anarchist" label believe up in a fuckin shitload of natural law doctrines up in which tha state is considered a cold-ass lil criminal organization. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Their view of tha state n' its hommies ranges from dis trope ta Villain with Good Publicity.
- Apocryphally, word has it dat petty street crime rose considerably up in some neighbourhoodz of New York Citizzle afta tha STD successfully disrupted some major organized crime tracksuits.
- Da Loomis Family, a notorious clan of criminals up in nineteenth-century central New York State, done cooked up a point of not only not jackin, or allowin they associates ta steal, from neighbors yo, but helpin dem git loot back dat was jacked by others fo' realz. Allowin dis arrangement ta break down was one of tha reasons tha neighbors ended up turnin against em.