- When Hiei greets Yusuke before the preliminaries of the Dark Tournament both moments were this...though the edited Toonami version of the dub actually managed to be funnier than the uncut version!
(After Hiei attacks Yusuke with his sword, Yusuke dodges the slashes at rapid speed, Yusuke manages to finally catch the blade.)
Uncut Dub Version Yusuke: "Damn Hiei, this how you say hello now?"
Edited Dub Version Yusuke: "Hiei, I see you've been working on your people skills."
- When they are all on the boat, heading to Hanging Neck Island for the Dark Tournament, They announce there will be a Preliminary match on the ship. The "Masked Fighter" volunteers to fight all the other demons on the ship in a battle royal. Kuwabara insists against it, saying they don't know jack squat about the guy. Saying that "he might lose" then what would they do? This following exchange happens:
"If that happens then we'll just have to kill everyone on board. We'll say we're the right team and no one will complain."
Kuwabara: (creeped out expression then says in a complete deadpan) "You didn't have many friends growing up, did you?"
- Chu. Just...Chu.
- Also, a funny moment when Chu first shows up—he's staggering around the ring and acting like a clown, but Shizuru points out that there's something beneath his clownishness that seems highly dangerous. Keiko says that everyone must be worried and at the edge of their seats... cut to Koenma blissfully stuffing his face.
- Yusuke vs. Jin had quite a few of these moments... mostly from Jin.
Jin: "I thought I was crazy! But you take the prize Urameshi! The hell was that?! You don't just make bombs go boom in your face!!"
- Made even funnier by Jin's tendency to speak faster than Yahtzee. Don't let the punctuation fool you, there are no breaks between those sentences.
- In-between rounds at the Dark Tournament, the reflection of Yusuke's inner self turns out to be... a little blue and fuzzy penguin. "Puu!"
- When Puu hatches... everyone's reaction to it. THE WHOLE GANG! This troper's personal favorite was Hiei's deadpan comment about the adorable creature.
Hiei: "Gift from your girlfriend?"
Yusuke: "No! That I could get rid of!"
- A face off for the ages! Kurama vs. Kuwabara vs. Hiei... in Rock, Paper, Scissors!
- Yukina's last line about the Ship Teasing of Yusuke and Keiko during an intermission for the Dark Tournament. Having barely any experience with the outside world, her confusion about the subject is understandable but hilarious.
Yukina: Have fun with the birds and bees!
- The Genkai vs. Suzuki fight.
- This troper kept giggling at Kurama's reactions during the whole fight. For the usually unflappable Kurama to look utterly bewildered was a sight to behold.
- The gem for this troper was Genkai's comments on the deal. Specially her comment in such a annoyed and unimpressed tone..."Fruitcake!"
- Kurama + Stealth Insult = Lolwin!
"And to think one day they could be in-laws."
- Hiei's Comical Seriousness makes for a few good ones:
Hiei: "If I wake up and find we've lost, I'll kill you... all..." (collapses)
Yusuke: "That's Hiei for you. He faints, but he still makes time for threats."
- The scene where Kuwabara revealed he had faked his death at the end of the Dark Tournament saga left this troper in stitches, especially since it happened immediately after an epic Wangst moment by Yusuke.
Kuwabara: "Reporting for duty, Captain Faker! That's me!"
- Koto and Juri tend to have several silly moments over the course of the Dark Tournament Arc.
- Near the end of the Dark Tournament arc, Keiko suffers a severe case of PTSD. Yusuke's solution is to literally slap some sense into her. Her reaction was legendary.
- All four of them talking about what they'll do when they get back to normal life after the Dark Tournament. Hiei's deadpan really kills it:
Yusuke: Skipping detention.
Kuwabara: Video games!
Kurama: My human mother.
Hiei: Various crimes.
- Genkai when she greets Yusuke after the Dark Tournament.