- Some of the end-of-battle quotes. Here's one of the most hilarious:
Melia: Here Riki, Riki, Riki... May I stroke your fur please?
Riki: Melly always welcome!
Reyn: Me too! Me too!
Riki: Reyn give one biscuit for every stroke!
Reyn: Hey! Why am I the only one who has to give you stuff!?
Reyn: You can't spell 'rainbow' without 'Reyn', baby!
Melia: Dunban, I think you need to have a talk with Reyn.
Dunban: No, let's pretend it didn't happen.
Riki: Riki wish Melly was real big sister
Melia: Aww, what about Sharla?
Riki: Sharla more like mama. One mama enough.
Sharla: Now wait just one minute!
Melia: He's [Riki] so cuddly I could almost cuddle him to death.
Dunban: Riki may be the softest of all Nopon.
Riki: Riki suddenly feel afraid...
Reyn: Just goes to show, brawn is better than brains.
Sharla: Oh, I can't let that one slip by.
Melia: The head, shoot him in the head!
Reyn: What, what did I say?
Reyn: Sharla, did you see me?! Did you see what I did?
Sharla: Oh, I wasn't really looking.
Reyn: Oh come on! That ain't fair!
Reyn: Like they say, when the going get going, the tough get tough!
Riki: Haha! Even Riki know that not right!
Dunban: Reyn, what are you babbling on about?
Shulk: I wish I had a brother or sister. (referring to Fiora and Dunban) You guys are like a real family.
Fiora: Well, you're basically like our baby brother.
Shulk: What?! "Baby" brother?!
Fiora: *laughs* Be Careful What You Wish For!
Riki: Thanks to Riki's sidekicks, we win!
Reyn: What?! Who are you calling 'sidekick'?
Riki: No see anyone else... must be you!
Reyn: Stupid furry volleyball... I'm gonna-
Shulk: *laughs* Reyn, you're such an easy target!
In fact each of the 37 potential combinations (35 threes and two early-game duos) of characters has an amusing post-battle quote. Most of them are pretty good and they don't repeat often enough to become grating.
- Some of the item descriptions are also pretty funny, for example
Rotten Meat: Best avoided. Sold with a certificate guaranteeing gastroenteritis.
- As a gameplay example: seeing a vision of a really powerful enemy attack... missing. Sometimes you don't want to change the future!
- Put Reyn in the party lead and jump around for a while. One of his voice clips for jumping is "alley-oop!", which is just so unexpected compared to everyone else's that you can't help but laugh.
- A somewhat grim one: after the Ether Mines, Shulk and Reyn stand near a cliff edge and commiserate over not finding Metal Face. Guess whose enourmous form suddenly rises over the ridge?
Metal Face: Hope I'm not interrupting...
- Melia's introduction starts with the wrong foot when a recently sent back to conciousness Melly slaps Shulk clean in the face. Cue awkward apology.
Melia: I'm sorry. I did not have the pleasure of coming into contact with a male Homs.
Dunban: "Coming into contact"? *Laughs*
Reyn: Hey, Shulk; you're creeping this lady out! *Grin/thumbs up combo*
Shulk: Shut up, Reyn!
Melia: This large one is far worse.
*Shulk and Sharla laugh*
- Riki's introduction, full stop. Words cannot do it justice.
- For added Genius Bonus, watch carefully how Melia, Shulk, then Reyn punt Riki around in the air: it's a legitimate volleyball play.
- When the party first enters the High Entia Tomb, this happens.
- Late into the game, while things slowly get dark as the plot advances, there are still noteable moments to make you smile. Like when the party falls onto the flying Junks, Dickson drops down to greet Shulk and Fiora with open arms...and Reyn with his feet.
- Some cutscenes can do this depending on the player's preference in equipment, because when things are supposed to be completely serious you can't help but crack a smile because Dunban is half-naked, Melia looking astonishing with glasses, or Riki making priceless facial expressions in the background while carrying a ridiculous biter with him.
- The end cutscene has a few good scenes, from the fishing antics between Reyn and Riki, to Shulk awkwardly pretending not to notice that Fiora got her old body back, changing the subject to her hairstyle of all things.
- Based on where his eyes went just before that, it's entirely possible he's trying, and failing, to avoid being Distracted by the Sexy.
- The end of the Red Pollen Orb sidequest chain, where you confront Bana the Nopon. You promptly fight him as a Unique Monster to the tune of Tragic Decision. He's also at a higher level than Yaldabaoth, which is, according to Egil, the strongest Mechon ever constructed. Yes, this lone Nopon riding a pterodactyl is more dangerous than the most powerful Mechon ever.
- There's a small section of Satorl Marsh filled with assorted Bunnits. Wander around there too much after the events at Mechonis Core, and you might just encounter one of the game's five superbosses.
- One of the achievements imply that Riki loves to eat bugs. The achievement can be gotten simply by giving 30 bugs as presents to other party members with Riki as the giver.
- Dunban hates Ether Plums with a passion. This is represented in-game as this being one of the things that would cause the most drop of affliction towards a party member if they were to give him one... and an achievement for doing this.
- One of the Heart to Heart moments involves a scene between Sharla and Reyn in the Refugee Camp on Bionis Leg. The options that will net you the most hearts involves Sharla teasing Reyn.
- Many of the quests found within Frontier Village are written from the quest giver's point of view. Even the messages given once you've completed the quests are written from their point of view. Their reactions for you completing some of their quests are priceless due to simple-like personalities.
- One of the Frontier Village quests involves finding a hook a Nopon lost because he wanted to try and catch Deinos. Once you've completed the quest, it's revealed that he's too light to be able to anchor himself onto the ground once he manages to get one hooked...