- Who Framed Roger Rabbit has positively hilarious scenes, due half of the cast being cartoon characters. One of the great examples is the singing scene:
: I'm through with taking falls
and bouncing off the walls
Without that gun, I'd have some fun
I'd kick you in the — (vase hits him on the head)
Smart Ass: Nose? That don't rhyme with walls!
: No, but this
does! (Groin Attack
that ultimately lands Smart Ass in the dip)
- And what comes to real actors:
Eddie: Probably looking for a good place to stick a knife!
- Don't forget the scene with the Toon bullets:
Bullet 1: Eddie Valiant! Where ya been?
- A lot of Eddie's lines are this because of his Deadpan Snarker attitude.
- The scene where Eddie, handcuffed to Roger, takes a hacksaw to the handcuffs, and Roger holds the table steady... with both hands.
Eddie: You mean to tell me you could've taken your hand out of that cuff at any time?!
- Note that Roger is explaining this in total Sincerity Mode.
- The smug look on Roger's face when Eddie says "I got no keys for these cuffs!" While we find out Roger could get out when he feels like it, it looks as though Roger doesn't care if he'll be stuck with him forever.
- Roger can't spell.
Roger: We're gonna be happy again! Got that? Happy! Capital H-A-P-P-I!
- The record repeats itself, causing Roger to keeping smashing plates on his head. When Eddie stops it, Roger freezes and has a funny look on his face.
- The club scene! "Nice monkey suit," "Scotch on the rocks, and I mean ice!"
Daffy: This... Means... War...
- And Acme implying the exact same thing happens every night.
- "Nice booby-trap."
- "Eddie Valiant... you're UNDER arrest! Bl-bl-bl-bl—!"
(Roger was about to sit on Teddy's vacant chair.)
Eddie: GET OUTTA THAT CHAIR!!!
(Roger freezes, terrified and places his hand on his heart.)
Eddie: It's my brother's chair.
Roger: Yeah, where is your brother anyway? He looks like a sensitive and, sober fellow.
Eddie: That's it, I'm calling the cops. (grabs a phone and starts dialing)
Roger: Go ahead! Call the cops! (head towards a door) I came here for help and what do you do? You turn me in! No, don't feel guilty about me! (opens the door) So long, and thanks for nothing! (slams the door, files fall to the floor)
Eddie: That's the closet! Stupid!
- Eddie sneaks up on Maroon, and startles him.
Maroon: Valiant, what are you tryin' to do, gimme a heart attack?!
Eddie: You need a heart before you can have an attack.
Maroon: [pulls his gun out] Let me see that will.
Eddie: [about to have a drink] I told you, I got it.
Maroon: I wanna see it NOW! [smacks the drink from his hand, Eddie quietly grabs the seltzer as Maroon reads] "How do I love thee, let me count the ways"? Its supposed to be a joke!? [crumbles the paper and puts it in Eddie's pants]
Eddie: No! This is. [sprays water at his face]
- Even better that WAS the will!
- Eddie mocking Bongo the Ink and Paint Club bouncer:
: (taps shoulder while Eddie is listening at Jessica's door) Whaddya think you're doin, chump? Eddie
: Who you calling a chump, chimp?
to Eddie getting thrown into a pile of trash) Bongo
: And don't lemme catch your peepin' face around here again!! Got it?! Eddie
: (scratches right armpit with right hand) Ooga-booga!
- Pretty much the entire opening cartoon that starts the film, which is a master class in animated Rube Goldberg slapstick.
- "I can give you stars, look!" *thunk* (circles and triangles) "LOOK!" *thunk* (bells) LOOOOOOOOOK!!!!" *thunkthunkthunk* (cuckoo clock, butterflies, nothing)
- This line, coming from an otherwise-innocent Baby Herman who, a few seconds ago, was acting like a typical baby in the cartoon being filmed:
Baby Herman: WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THAT TAKE?!
- "Hey Roger, what do you call the middle of a song?" "Gee I dunno, a [about to crash into one] BRIDGE!!!"
- After Marvin Acme sprays (disappearing-reappearing) ink onto Eddie's shirt with a fountain pen and starts giggling about it, Eddie responds with
Eddie: You think that's funny? *seizes Acme's tie* You won't think it's funny when I stick that pen up your nose!
- Roger hides in Teddy's desk, while he and Eddie are handcuffed together.
Roger: Hide me, Eddie! Pl-pl-pl-pl-please! [Jumps into the bottom side drawer. Then he sticks his head out of the top drawer.] Remember, you never saw me.
Eddie: GET OUTTA THERE!!
- Eddie keeps hitting his head on the ceiling lamp in the bar's secret room.
Roger: Jeepers Eddie, that almost killed me!
Eddie: [BONK] Ow!
Eddie: [grabs Roger by the ears] Crazy toons! [BONK] Oof!
Roger: Watch your head!
Dolores: And you said you'll never take another toon case. What do you have, a change of heart?
Eddie: Nothing's changed! Somebody's made a patsy out of me and I'm gonna find out [BONK] why!
- "Dolores. Dolores! DOLOOOOREEEESSS!!!!"
- Well it couldn't be helped that the Red Car was drowning out his voice in the first place.
- Eddie wonders how Roger found out about his office.
Eddie: Does anybody know you're here?
Roger: No one! Not a soul! Except...
Roger: Well, you see... I didn't know where your office was, so I asked the newsboy - he didn't know! So I asked the fireman, the green grocer, the butcher, the baker - they didn't know! But the liquor store guy - he knew!
Eddie: In other words, the whole damn town knows!
- Funnier if you consider the alternate meanings of the last line: Either everyone knows because Roger asked everyone, or they all know because the liquor store owner is a gossip hen.
- This exchange.
Roger: Let me get this straight. You think that my boss, R.K. Maroon, dropped a safe on Marvin Acme's head, so that he could get his hands on ToonTown?!
Eddie: Yep, that's my hunch. (to Dolores) Can he stay here for a couple of days?
Dolores: He's not going to do anything crazy, is he? (pan to Roger, who's cleaning his ears with a metal file, chuckling)
- Eddie, with Roger handcuffed to him, has to smuggle Roger to the diner by keeping him stuffed down his trench coat, but Roger can't breathe. So when the rabbit pushes his head out the collar for some air, Eddie manages to stuff him back down before anyone can see him. Except Delores:
Delores: Hello, Eddie. Is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Eddie: Cut the comedy, Delores, I've had a very rough day.
- Confronted with a sword-wielding Judge Doom, Eddie seizes a nearby box labelled "ACME Singing Sword" and whips out...a cartoon singing sword (singing Frank Sinatra's "Witchcraft" no less). Doom is amused, and continues to advance with his actual sword.
- Even better when, after staring in horror for about half a minute, Eddie angrily throws it away mid-lyric.
- Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny teaming up to troll the heck out of Eddie (mostly Bugs, as Mickey isn't the kind of person who would trick anyone). Nevertheless, Mickey sees the humor in Bugs's trick.
- Baby Herman actually crying like a baby (albeit with his raspy voice) after Eddie causes him to drop his cigar.
- Eddie smiles as he goes inside his office.
- When Benny instructs Eddie to pull a lever that'll enable the cab to dodge the oncoming Toon Patrol, Eddie and Roger can't find it, prompting a sign reading "THIS LEVER, STUPID" to pop out and point to it.
- Roger doesn't quite know what Eddie and Dolores are talking about when she asks Eddie to check the probate for information on Marvin Acme's will:
One time, my uncle Thumper
has a problem with his
probate, so he had to take these big pills and drink lots of water...
Eddie: Not "prostate", you idiot! "Probate"!
Raoul: My stomach can't take this. This set is a mess. Clean this set up! Get [Roger] out of there! Or seal him up in it! Lose the lights! Say lunch!
Raoul: That's lunch! We're on a half!
- Drained of its dip, Doom's doomsday machine breaks through the brick wall into Toontown...and instantly gets run over by a bullet train.
- What makes it funnier? The hand cart going the other direction on the same track.
- Jessica's declaration of love to Roger: "I want you to know I love you. I loved you more than any woman's ever loved a rabbit." We're not gonna argue that.
- Lena Hyena.
- The Weasels shoot their way into Eddie's office, searched around and found him at his sink.
Eddie: Hello boys. I didn't hear you come in.
- The "Pattycake Pictures". We are at first meant to assume that "Pattycake" is an Unusual Euphemism. Instead, it's actual pattycake.
- Even funnier in how Roger rapidly flips through the photos showing a tiny loop animation of Acme and Jessica playing pattycake.
- When Eddie is leaving Maroon Cartoon studios, a hippo from Fantasia is sitting down on one end of a bench. The bench immediately breaks under her weight, sending the (live human) guy on the other end flying into the air.
- Droopy's cameo as the elevator operator.