- This dialogue from "Gee, Officer Krupke" stands out:
A-Rab (imitating psychiatrist): In my opinion, this child don't need to have his head shrunk at all. Juvenile delinquency is purely a social disease!
Action: Hey, I got a social disease!
- The opening lines of "America"
Anita: Puerto Rico, my heart's devotion...Let it sink back in the ocean!
Bernardo: I think I'll go back to San Juan.Anita: I know a boat you can get on.Shark Girls: Bye bye!
- "I like the island Manhattan. Smoke on your pipe and put THAT IN."
- The "hell, did you just get burned" gestures everyone makes at Bernardo when Anita comments "Don't forget I'm in America."
- This little exchange:
Anita: "Trusting with our hearts open!"Consuelo: "With our arms open!"Pepe: You came with your mouth open!
- Hell, this entire scene, but this part especially-
- "Yes, sir. Would you mind translating that into Spanish?"