Funny: War of the Worlds
- When Ray hastily makes a sandwich with peanut butter for Rachel (his daughter), she explains to him that she's allergic to it.
Ray: Since when?Rachel: Birth.
- When Rachel announces she has to go to the bathroom:
Ray: Stay where I can see you.Rachel: Are you crazy? I'm not going in front of you guys!Ray: I'm not gonna look, just stay in sight!Rachel: THAT'S LOOKING!
- It's a pretty dark moment, but Ogilvy's "dead set on living" line is Actually Pretty Funny.
- "Okay, now come up with a plan that doesn't involve your ten-year-old sister joining the Army!"
- Meta example. While shooting the scene where Ray and the kids are in the water, while the Tripods are plucking civilians one by one, Steven Spielberg and John Williams pulled a prank on Cruise, Fanning, Chatwin and the extras in the water at the time, by playing the theme from Jaws over the loudspeakers.