Funny: Vinland Saga
- Canute arguing with the head of his dead father can be strangely amusing.
- Much of the Thors flashback arc gets downright hilarious. Especially his treatment of his daughter on the day of her birth.
Thors: ...By the gods, it's noisy.
- Willibald the Priest has his share of moments, especially when he's sober.
Thorkell: Good friar, what say you? Who is greater, your Jesus or our Aesir?Willibald: ...Whichever created liquor.
- One funny exchange as the main characters are moving through Wales:
- Welshman #1: Are those Danes? I heard they eat people!Welshman #2: They don't have horns at all!Welshman #1: Do you think they're dangerous?Welshman #2: Nah, Lord Arthur is with them.Thorgrimm: What the hell are they saying about me? I should kill and eat them!
- The bit where Thorkell's men are mocking his annoyance with lack of battle as being like a jilted girl (and he totally goes along with it) is pretty damn hilarious too.
Thorkell: You know it's not my thing to take prisoners, don't you? But King Sweyn just keeps ignoring me. I figure if I kidnap the Prince, maybe he'll turn his head this way just a little bit. Don't you see the sad predicament I'm in?Viking: ::laughing:: That's what a young girl in love says, General.Thorkell: Exactly! That dashing King Sweyn has me wrapped around his little finger!Viking #2: ::also laughing:: Biggest girl I ever saw.Viking #3: ::dramatically, as the whole crew starts cracking up:: He's knocking at my door every day, dogging my heels, then one day, he just turns as cold as ice! Oh, what's a poor girl to do?Viking #4: Suddenly, he's all I can think about. Next thing I knew, I was the one chasing him!Viking #2: Oh, that King Sweyn's a master of romance, we're all head over heels for him!
- Though somewhat mitigated by the fact that he gets seriously hurt when he crash lands, the expression on Thorfinn's face when Thorkell's kick plus his own attempt at jump-evading it launches him over fifty feet in the air is priceless, as are the gaping stares of everybody still on the ground.
- "WHAAAAAT?! HOW CAN YOU BE IN YOUR TWENTIES?!"
- Another one for Thorfinn's expressions: the look on his face when he realizes that he, a slave, just broke his supervisor's face right after telling Einar not to lose his temper.
- Askeladd's Palmer-esque response to Thorkell stopping a charging horse by punching it to death: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME."
- When Askeladd's band seems doomed, he makes his loyalty to his Welsh heritage abundantly clear by his possibly last words to them:
"I hate every one of you horse-fucking Danish whoresons."