We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Vietcong and Fist Alpha
- The gong strike that plays whenever the player fails a mission can come off as this.
- The Drill Sergeant Nasty's insults and chastises. Full stop.
- Some of the DJ's lines.
Jukowski: Now just friendly reminder for those of you who are going for little of R&R to Saigon or anywhere else. The R&R actually means Rest and Recuperation, guys, not Rape and Rampage...
- "So this is what a VC tank platoon looks like?" Said "tank platoon" is just a couple of rusted French armored cars.
- Rosenfield's reaction when he finds out reinforcements won't arrive in time during the Final Battle.
- "Nice one, Hawkins!" "Outpost dead now."
- After killing the NVA colonel, Douglas drops a one-liner in a tranquil, yet annoyed tone:
Douglas: Shut up, dammit.
- The Mexican hat that the player can wear in multiplayer, also worn by American/LLDB troops in quick-fight mode.
- This exchange between Bronson and Hornster.
Bronson: No no, do one more circle. Can you do one more circle for me?
Hornster: Fuck you, Bronson! Let's get the hell outta here!
- "Shut the fuck up. You're like a five year old. I'm telling you, there's no way we'll be sitting in the freakin' chopper all the time!"
- Some of Hawkins' lines if he finds a VC intel:
Hawkins: A diploma. Probably says something like, "For Excellence In Terrorism."
- In a somewhat dark example, if Douglas steals a dead VC's money, he says:
Douglas: Money. But it won't buy much for this Charlie anymore. War is a bitch, ain't it?
- "Fuck, this is going to be a good dust-up! Finally no skulking in the jungle, but a good old fashioned frontal assault, man, that's great! But why the FUCK are we the backup?!"
- "Excuse me! Governor Ronald Reagan has just authorized us to use atomic weapons against the sniper. Gentlemen, please start the detonation sequence!"
- Boone talking with a drunken Hawkins.
Boone: [after talking about the events of the first game] Looks like I should get someone to help you back to your hootch.
Hawkins: Haha, yeah. Only if they'd take me to California.
Boone: California's better than the Benning School For Boys, or a hearse for that matter.
Hawkins: No shit! I've got constant migraines and I've been pissing blood for a week.
- His random muttering if you poke him:
Damn, someone just shoot me.
Where the hell am I, anyway?
I'm sick of this shit.
- In a scrapped audio file, Minh can't pronounce Hornster's name after finding his dogtags.
Minh: Some... Ho... Horn... Hornster? Strange name!
- Rigley's quarrels with Boone:
- Their first conversation.
Rigley: Well, well, well, who comes here? It looks like Saint Boone the protector of all the Congs?
: Fuck you
, Rigley! Are you gonna fuck with me every time I turn around?
Rigley: Bugger off the 'Nam, if you don't want me to fuck with ya!
Boone: Piss off, Rigley. I've got better things to do than waste my time on you.
: Don't you forget to complain about me next time you see me, fucker
Boone: Shut up, and go wax that old shitbox of yours!
Rigley: You better watch your back in the field!
: Watch yours. beat
Oh, wait, you're never out in the field anymore. Ha!
- Him boasting about how an elite MACV team (Boone's) needs his help...
Rigley: Advisor pros need us to save their butts, don't they?
Cobber: Shut the fuck up, Rigley!
Boone: Hey Rigley. Heard you've got some problems.
Rigley: Damn it Boone, Charlie's cut us off from the rest of our unit! We're pinned down.
Boone: Relax, the 'advisor pros' are here and there's some of your leathernecks on the way.