open/close all folders
Season 1 Episode 1 - Pilot
- Barbie claims the dome can't possibly be caused by the government. "Because it works."
- The reporter has been trying to get the attention of the soldiers guarding the dome. Barbie jokingly suggests she strip naked—she mentions she tried that, it didn't work.
- The reverend setting fire to Duke's house by mistake. Homer Simpson couldn't have done it better.
- Joe's amusing moment of awkward when Norrie admits she wants to have sex with him.
- Junior is talking to Melanie, and then Big Jim, seemingly out of nowhere, rises up from directly behind him.
- The incredibly cheesy grin Big Jim sports on his car lot billboard.
- One of the first deaths is of Bob Roux, a farmer who crashes his John Deere tractor into the side of the dome just after it comes down, breaking his neck in the process. The tractor, on the other hand, continues running fine — because after all, nothing runs like a Deere.
- Junior's reaction to Randolph using the phrase "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.":
Junior didn't know whether to say "Yes, sir" or "No, sir", because he had no idea what the idiot behind the desk was talking about.
- In the Door Stopper novel, a character considering writing a novel wonders to herself, "What if you wrote a thousand-pager, and it sucked?"