- While the first chapter is mostly serious, the tail end has Touta telling Yukihime about how it's his dream to climb the "Tower" in the capital, complete with dramatic closeups and art that implies this ascent to be some sort of Series Goal. Yukihime's response?
Yukihime: You mean the Japanese Orbital Elevator? If you pay for it, you could ride immediately. It's very reasonably priced at 400,000 yen.
Touta: That's expensive! And also not the dream!
- Also in the first chapter, we have this gem from Yukihime:
- Touta has his first Who Wants to Live Forever? moment, and it's triggered by several increasingly trivial realizations. The thing that finally sends him over the edge screaming about how immortality can suck it? When he learns that he'll never go bald.
- Touta flubbing Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" because his voice is still too pitchy and underdeveloped. The reaction of Yukihime has her being blown away by the flub too! What makes it even better is that his first note is spot on, making everyone think that he's a great singer until he actually launches into the song. Then it turns out that the reason why growing up is so necessary for the big dream is because part of it involves singing back-up at the Solar Olympics, and he wants to sing the way Louis Armstrong does.
- Touta's rather mundane dream which involves growing old and drinking in a bar Rat Pack Style. Then Yukihimes reaction to said dream.
Yukihime: I get it, after two years I finally get it... you're an idiot.
- When Kuroumaru is unconscious, Touta tries to pull down his pants to see if he's really a boy.
- The reveal that Touta actually forced Kuromaru to sign a "friendship contract", just to be sure about the whole "defeat means friendship" thing.
- Touta's Hot Spring Theory:
Touta: When two or more men are at a hot spring, they're obligated to try to peek at the girl's bath! But with Yukihime in there, we'll be flirting with death!
- The result of the above? Yukihime bursts in to their side of the bath and tells them in Large Ham fashion that if they can steal her towel, she'll let them peep on her. Then she busts out one of her ancient spells...
- Touta manages to get the towel off, and just before Eva agrees to show them, he goes, "I'm not interested in old Granny's body." Needless to say, Eva didn't take it well.
Touta: Your toe is gonna pluck my eye out!
- Kuroumaru tells Touta to be careful about trusting Jinbei, and that Touta is the gullible sort of person who falls for money scams. Once they find out how old Jinbei is though, Kuroumaru is overcome with emotion and starts hero-worshiping him.
Touta: If I'm the type that falls for scams, you're the type that gets dragged into weird cults, huh?
- Jinbei takes Touta and Kuromaru to a Sword In The Stone that nobody has proven able to pull out. Naturally, Touta is able to do it easily... Because he was apparently the first to notice a dial on the sword that changes its weight.
- Touta vs. Kuromaru in an arm-wrestling match... and all the orphans in the crowd cheering for Touta to lose.
- Turns out the wrestling was for kitchen duty, and Touta is a really good cook. So when Touta loses, everyone else wins.
- Touta Trains in Instant movement buying eating his meals and playing cats cradle only using his feet, and one of the orphans tries doing the same thing as he does.
- Karin's text message to Touta:
Touta: Everyone's fine here. Where are you?Karin: The MoonTouta: The Moon?! Seriously?!Karin: Seriously.
- Evangeline shows up in her ten-year-old form, confusing Touta. Then she transforms back into her considerably more buxom Yukihime form... prompting Touta to complain about how she looks like a pervert without her pants.
- The four members of the group that captured Fate get one question each to ask. Karin asks who loved Negi more; him or Yukihime.
- The kicker? She says this just as seriously as the others when they ask their questions. She even claims it's the most important question!
- While the supposed serial killer is tracking UQ Holder, he realizes that Touta is about to break into his hideout. Turns out that they're now room mates.
- Touta interrupts the serial killer before he does more than knock out a group of magic-wielding thugs. Then Ikku asks what they should do with the thugs.
Touta: Kick 'em!Ikku: Eh?Touta: I mean... call the police! And an ambulance for the old man!
- The aftermath of their first fight with Santa: Ikku holding his own severed leg and head, and Touta stuck upside down in a roof with only his legs sticking up.
Karin: You're pathetic. Someone dig that idiot out of there.
- Touta and Santa start bonding over Video games only a page after Santa tries to get Touta and Kuromaru out of his room. Apparently, Santa makes his living off of Let's Plays and video game tutorials.
- While the chapter is mostly dramatic, there is one scene that's quite amusing: After the villain is defeated, the team uses Kirie's power to jump back to before all the damage of the arc occurred. Except that when they arrive, they're still standing in the same poses, but their positions relative to each other have all been moved around, they look kind of ridiculous.
- The final frame. Extra points for Santa not getting it.
Ikkuu: Do you like [Touta]?
Kirie: I do not!
Narration: Methinks she doth protest too much?!
- Touta has a sparring match with Laszlo. Laszlo's Funny Afro becomes a casualty.
Laszlo: Now I look like a hairy Pacman!
- The next page shows him fixing the hole in his hair with duct tape.
- Touta can't feed himself, so someone else has to do the job. Chikage Ray moves first, but Kirie gets jealous when it looks like he's about to go into Romantic Spoonfeeding territory. Then she tries it herself, only to turn Tsundere and pass the meal to Kuromaru. When Kuro fails because his heart is beating too madly, Touta gets increasingly desperate for anyone to feed him properly. Santa manages it without a problem.
- Akamatsu pretty much confirms he has an expansion fetish that was shown in both Love Hina and Negima, as he has Yukihime go through some Breast Expansion, twice, and then adds on butt expansion and some general plumpness as well, thoroughly freaking out her and Touta, while Fate finds her fertility idol-shaped body fascinating. Sadly the extra growth after the Breast Expansion is not seen.
- Touta hoping that Santa, Kuromaru & Kirie doesn't see his embarassing moment when his new Master, Dana knows he's in love with Yukihime and even admitting it. Unfortunately... Dana happen's to invite Kuromaru, Santa, Kirie and Laslzo for tea before Touta wakes up. Kuromaru was stunned while the rest looks at him; smirking while staring at him. Lady Dana, you're a cruel mistress.
- Dana takes Training from Hell to a new level. Her method of forcing the immortals to improve their regeneration times is to repeatedly kill them. Even Santa, who is already dead, isn't immune — Dana exorcises him, and he nearly ascends to heaven, complete with little cherubs escorting him. What's worse, Touta is singled out because he kept calling Dana "Oba-san". While Kuromaru and Santa "only" died 26 and 28 times, Touta died 196 times.
- Eva uses Gelidus Capulus on Touta to see how he obliterated Dana with a big innocent smile on her face, leaving him frozen in a block of ice with Blank White Eyes.
- When Dana comes back she's pissed off and in One-Winged Angel mode. Touta does the Negima Running Gag of referring to her as a last boss (and Eva has no idea what he's talking about). She lunges at them with a mighty roar and... she hands Touta a diploma for completing the first stage of her training.
- As it turns out, Touta set Evangeline on her fascination/obsession with Nagi and Negi.
- Touta attempts to run across 50 km of ocean while Kirie flies her broomstick. He ends up failing, and they remedy the situation by tying a rope around his midsection and dragging him behind her. It works for about five minutes before a whale eats him.
- In order to properly use Magia Ebera, Touta has to fight while spinning hula hoops around his waist.
- Everyone's grades on Touta's fight against Dana
- Touta comes back to UQ Holder and decides to confess how he feels towards Yukihime in spite of everything he learned about her past and the fact that she might not even remember him... except the way he blurts it out sounds very much like a love confession, going even as far as a marriage proposal. One That Came Out Wrong after another.
Touta: I LOVE YOU! [The "Love you!" echoes throughout the headquarters and even reaches Karin, who is none too happy about it]
- Shinobu's arrival at Fairyland Hall. Especially since it's a Shout-Out to Keitaro's (and Ema's) arrival at the Hinata House in Love Hina.
- Mizore's description of Negi's Chick Magnet powers:
Mizore: They say in his heyday, he could impregnate a woman with but a glance!
Kirie: Just a... do you even know what you're saying!?
- The comparison between immortals and plastic flowers.
- Ikku has party poppers built into his shoulders.
- All the girls fighting each other over who gets to wash Touta's back fifty times. Yukihime wins without knowing what's going on.
- While under the effects of a truth serum, Touta runs around the resort declaring his love for every single person he comes across...except Mizore.
Mizore: Touta!! How do you feel about me? I'd be willing to listen to what you have to say.
Touta: You're tiny <3
- Yukihime has a pocket dimension set up to look like a school and makes Touta and Karin Stand in the Hall carrying three buckets of water each and a signs that says "I snitched snacks".
- Touta standing on a railing... next to a sign that specifically says not to do so.
- Ayaka subjecting Touta to Marshmallow Hell. Some things never change.
- Touta is plowing through the same guys who stomped him eight months ago in the underground tournament so fast that the audience is accusing them of rigging the matches and boo-ing him.
- Touta and Kirie explain their Time Stands Still power to the rest of the group. So they decided to test it... by each kissing Kirie to see if it works for them, too.
- Zazie explaining that Touta and Kirie need a healer and spellcaster to round out their party is accompanied by a picture of Touta casting an "Awesome Seal" on a rock and Kirie using an "Awesome Recovery Potion" on Negi.
- The explanation for why people race in skimpy swimsuits without protective gear (while some muscular guy is posing in the background):
Kirie: H-hey, why are we racing in these skimpy swimsuits?! It's embarrassing! And isn't it dangerous?!
Mizore: However can you say that? Now that we have magically-ennhanced safety systems, the latest trend is to see how dangerous we can make it visually! And if they come off, the audience will love it and boost the event's popularity, so the sponsors are all for it!
Kirie: Come off?! Wait, I never heard about this?! What do you mean, "come off"?!
- Mizore's flashback to when Chachamaru first told her about Touta, and Ayaka wanting in on the conversation because it involved hot boys.
- Negi sneezing and causing mass nudity, completely destroying all the tension.
- While listing off the identities and nicknames of Negi's allies, Karin takes the time to point out that Jack Rakan is an "all around Nice Guy." It almost sounds like a certain someone wrote their own history books, and let's face it, that wouldn't be far out of character...
- "Hey gramps. Don't get all touchy-feely with my woman, all right?"
- "You really are Sensei's grandson."