Despite getting rid of the silly plot elements from the original canon
, this series doesn't get rid of all the sillyness.
- This gem during Touma's first meeting with Mikoto, as narrated by the latter.
"You're a Level 5," he says with a shrug. "You're all some kind of batshit crazy."
"Aw, now that's just mean." I grin at him, but mentally tick off all the other Level 5's I've met or heard about. Accelerator...Shokuhou...Meltdown...freaking Sogiita...holy crap, he's right.
- Despite her Adaptational Badassery, Index is still a Big Eater. For example, when she thinks about calling off her escape attempt:
- The reason Maika doesn't want anyone using her brothers bed. As narrated by Index:
"Don't you know what he does
in that bed?" she asks, horrified.
She narrows her eyes, and looks around, as if to check whether her brother has suddenly returned. "He farts
," she whispers secretively. "A lot
That is more than enough to convince me that the bed in question is not suitable for use by either of us girls
- Saten's introduction, as noted in the main page under Establishing Character Moment. And then we learn she even has trading cards of Mikoto.
- Index's first meeting with Touma. Pretty much all of it.
- The following gems from Chapter 7:
- Touma's ignorance of Christian denominations and Index's attempt to explain them.
After I spend about half an hour attempting to elucidate to Touma exactly how the (admittedly vast and often confusing) variety of Christian denominations are organized, we both decide that the whole thing is rather more complicated than it ought to be, and look for a different subject to discuss.
- Index explaining the importance of materials:
"...no good magician would be caught dead without a very large bundle of telephone cables."