- Ibiki asks a kid named Kaemon if Edward said anything important about what he was planning on doing.
Kaemon: He said he was going to find his arm.Ibiki: Anything else?Kaemon: He sweared some.Ibiki: What exactly did he say?Kaemon: He said "those fxxking bastards better not have broken it, or he was gonna fxxking deconstruct their dxxks and they'd be pissing out their xxxes for the rest of their miserable lives."Ibiki: Anything else?Kaemon: He said 'oh shit, don't repeat that, kid. Your mom's head will explode.' But it didn't. She just got mad and put soap in my mouth.
- Ed is inside a building, while unbeknownst to him outside, the Sound Four is attacking Sasuke in an effort to convert him. This leads to Ed's first interaction with Tayuya:
'"WILL. YOU. PLEASE. SHUT. THE. FxxK. UP!" Ed shouted, throwing a tomato between each word.'There was a shriek, and a barrage of cursing came echoing up to them.'"YOU LITTLE FREAK! I'M GOING TO COME UP THERE AND TEAR YOUR FxxKING HEAD OFF!" a shrill female voice raged.'"GO AHEAD AND TRY, YOU CRAZY BITCH!" Ed yelled back. "YOU'D BE DOING ME A FAVOR, CAUSE I WOULDNT HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR CRAPPY MUSIC ANY MORE! YOU SUCK!"
- An excellent moment of narration when Ed is fighting Itachi.
Ed: Hey you bastard! Why don't you pick on someone your own size?The bastard ignored him. (Or perhaps misunderstood, since Ed was at least half a foot shorter then him.)
- This little moment from chapter five:
Masao: "Let me get this straight. You started a fight with two S-Class missing nin, because they were 'jerks' and tried to cut the line for Dango?"Edward: "And they were dressed like idiots. It looked like they were wearing shower curtains. I had to say something."
- Gaara trying to navigate a delicate social situation post Heel–Face Turn is rife with hilarity. Chapter 18 contains some beautiful gems.