- When Truman is messing with Meryl by driving around the cul-de-sac over and over. "SOMEBODY HELP ME! I'M BEING SPONTANEOUS!" And then when cars pull right in front of Truman's car to prevent him from leaving town, we get this awesome exchange:
Truman: ...blocked at every turn. Beautifully synchronized, don't you agree?Meryl: You're blaming me for the traffic?Truman: Should I?
- The various ways the set tries to avert Truman from leaving, such as the poster in the travel agency of a plane being struck by lightning: "IT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU". It makes the already doubtful Truman even more suspicious too - something is wrong because all of the posters in the travel agency are making travelling look bad. Not so realistic, eh Christof?
- When Truman does the "When I Grow Up, I Want To Be...", he opts for Explorer... only for the teacher to pull down a map and state "I'm sorry, you're too late; there's nothing left to explore!" Crushing childhood dreams has never been so hilarious.
- Truman drawing on his mirror with soap one morning instead of his normal routine.
- In a bit of hilarious if sardonic social commentary, the two parking garage guards who (along with the rest of the world) have been watching all of Truman's efforts to escape (and his eventual success), leave us with this:
Guard One: You want another slice?Guard Two: Nah, I'm good.[Beat]Guard One: Let's see what else is on.Guard Two: Yeah, what else is on?Guard One: Where's the TV guide?[cut to black, roll credits]
- The guards also complain about the Sexy Discretion Shot when Meryl and Truman have sex:
"You never see anything anyway...They always uh...turn the camera, and...play music and...you know, the wind blows and then the curtain moves, you don't see anything."
- When Truman goes to the hospital where Meryl works, the doctors are caught off-guard and have to improvise surgery:
Surgeon: ...Scalpel. I am now making my primary incision, just above the right knee.[the actor!patient jumps in shock as soon as the scalpel touches her knee, forcing another actor!doctor to hold her down][as Truman is escorted out, the actors drag the actor!patient's leg forward as if it was amputated]Meryl: Very good, beautiful job.Surgeon: Well...[pretends to survey the amputation] I'll just let someone else tidy up here.
- The bathtub viewer gets really into Truman's escape attempt:
[clings to shower curtain] YOU CAN DO IT! HOOOOOOLD ONNNNNN!
- The various actors' efforts to thread Product Placement into their daily routine with Truman, whether by pushing him up against a poster advertising a product or shilling a product in dialogue, are hilariously blatant and unsubtle. However, it stops being funny when Truman is obviously trying to talk with Meryl about various issues he's having, only for her to stupidly whore out another product.
- One of the attempts to crash the show itself? A viewer hid himself in one of Truman's Christmas presents when he was a toddler.
Fan: [being tackled by Truman's dad] I DID IT! I'M ON THE TRUMAN SHOW!
- Truman's aghast reaction — "Meryl!" — to his wife brandishing the Chef's Pal at him. And taking a moment to fold out its three blade options.