- A majority of the cast get off decent one-liners, due to Hawks' love of Deadpan Snarker characters.
Officer: How are we going to get it out of the ice?Scotty: How about some more thermite?Hendry: Knock it off!
- The thermite destroys the priceless Flying Saucer. They then find the alien corpse.
- Scotty's gloomy comment on the likelyhood of finding the Thing.
"When we lose 'em they stay lost!"
- The radio man's response, cut off by the closing door, to a casual last minute caution by Hendry.
- "What do you mean guns are no good?!"
- Nikki's immediate response to the question "How do you kill a carrot?"
- "Cook it." Funny because it's given so quickly and nonchalantly that the audience can't help but chuckle at how simple a solution it could be.
- This line towards Scotty, and Scotty's response.
Hendry: Well Scotty, did you get your picture?
- Everyone looks to Scotty, only to watch him fall over backwards as he faints.
- A few times in the film, doors are barricaded shut using wooden beams. This was done at least once against the side of a door that swung away from the barricade, as demonstrated by the alien opening the door without issue.