Glitches in any game can be pretty hilarious, as seen here.
The Sims 2'
- The things Sims do in The Sims 2 when their aspirations fail are pretty funny.
- Vampires in The Sims 2, and their tendency to BLEH!!! at people every time they enter a room.
- Everything about the Grilled Cheese aspiration (which your Sim got if the Renuyu Senso-Orb, meant to change aspiration, backfires), including the description of the lifetime want and the aspiration itself on the secondary aspiration chooser.
- The cutscene for a Mr. Seahorse birth. Doubly funny if you compare it with the regular ones.
- In University, the Young Adult womennote will be heard singing opera while Woohooing.
- The "Cuddle" interaction between a toddler and a cat in Pets; the cat will always react rather humorously to being squeezed.
- The fact that Bigfoot is the supreme master of everything. Need somebody to do your gardening? Bigfoot! Need a flower arrangement? Bigfoot! Need home repairs? Bigfoot! Need a makeover? Bigfoot! Need a robot? Bigfoot!
- If The Butler has started preparing a meal and the player cancels the action, he will cry.
- Some of the ingame movies. Special mention goes to the two "Action" movies, which include a country-wide game of fetch, to a major shenanigans happening because of a weather control machine (which is one of the bonus items).
- When a Sim in College decides to take up the Drama major, some pretty... hilariously silly and sometimes disturbing things can happen if the faculty professor happens to be invited over. The reason for this is that every single Drama Major professor is programmed to fall in love with their students, no matter what, so you could have your own university professors flirt with your Sims! Better yet, if you choose to have your Sim respond to these affections and even Woo Hoo with them, their grades go up! That's right, folks, you can graduate from college by simply having sex with your own teacher!
- While it can be rather cruel, watching Sims burn to death becomes funnier simply by looking at the way they flail and panic whilst burning. Doubly funny if they lit themselves on fire by walking right into the blaze. In fact one of the cooking shows from The Yummy Channel in game TV shows just that.
- Who knew that Death could be so chill?.
- The Slap and Attack interactions yield some hilarious results. Sims literally start seeing stars when slapped, and disappear into a cartoony brawling cloud when attacked.
- Build a Love Dodecahedron. Watch the entire neighborhood turn on it's head due to drama and jealousy. Heck, Pleasantview, arguably the most normal of all three neighborhoods, was built just for this, and the Romance Aspiration from The Sims 2, closest to playing a villain in The Sims, are designed just for this.
- Do this: Make two different sims have many different lovers at the same time. Make them later marry each other, and invite all of their lovers to their wedding. When all of their lovers see the couple kiss, they will all get pissed (with the "cheated on" sound blasting through your speakers, since it's so many at the same time), and watch them line up to give the happy couple a good slap. This all takes a very long time to do, but damn it's worth it, because it's hilarious.
- Chance cards. The options on them are usually funny, and the description of the outcome is funny as well, even if something bad actually happened to your Sim. Some of the best ones are a Politician having the contents of their speech swapped with a script of Titus Andronicus and a Military Sim getting the option to "make your recruits march in their underwear or replace their rifles with baguettes."
The Sims 3
- The Inappropriate trait. These Sims will wash themselves naked in front of a kitchen sink in a room full of people, try to kiss anyone and everyone, say they hate their family to members of their family, and can imply that peoples' mothers are llamas.
- Evil trait also counts, as it mentally turns your Sims into Murray.
- To wit, they can "Take evil bath" "evil slumber", and "Make evil latte". Muhahaha! Also, they can steal candy from babies and make them cry.
- Sims given the Neurotic trait have the option to "Freak Out", which gives them the Tranquil moodlet. It might depend on your sense of humor, but the way they scream is kind of funny.
- Any Sim with the Insane trait. Many of the things they do are just hilarious.
- One of the jobs for the firefighters in The Sims 3: Ambitions, should you have Late Night installed too, is to save the movie set from a herd of angry llamas note .
- On the Sports Channel we start with a woman reporting in the snow with some people fooling around in the background. After a sports report, we cut back to them... the woman now being stiff with cold and the background people replaced with snowmen. For added hilarity, the woman FALLS OVER, stiff as a plank.
- Followed by one of the newsreaders crying over her apparent death while the other goofs about.
- How about the twist ending in one of Terror TV's show, complete with sexy slow jam?
- If a Sim gets rejected when asking for Woohoo, they get the "Walk of Shame" moodlet. They do an actual walk of shame and hang their head down low when walking with that moodlet.
- How about the "Stride of Pride" walk too?
- Having a singer yell at someone, then get a pop-up saying that person needs a Sing-A-Gram to cheer them up. Even funnier when the two Sims are based off characters who are mean to each other in the source material.
- You can friend-zone Sims at the "Romantic Interest" relationship state.
- Fairy Sims can use the "Cheat the System" interaction on claw machines, making your fairy shrink down & raid the claw machine. Their maniacal laughter while they do the deed is what sells it.
- Quite a few interactions with werewolves treat them as if they were pet dogs. A sim might use a newspaper on a werewolf's muzzle to chastise it for doing something inappropriate. Also, if you're friends with a werewolf, they'll eagerly play fetch with you, which is quite the sight to behold. And even an alpha wolf is helpless against the dreaded belly rub.
- In the official trailer for the pets expansion it shows a burglar slinking along, walks off screen then runs back being chased by about six rottweilers.
- One of the love letters you can get in Seasons.
"...Here's something that I made while thinking of you." A photograph is enclosed -Whoa!
- Fighting: The Sims end up in a Big Ball of Violence like the first 2 games, though some of the violence is visible and it's hilarious. The loser gets humiliated. In the Late Night expansion it's actually possible to start a Bar Brawl. If a Sim is slapped they will show stars around their head.
- The dramatic music that plays when the repo man comes to your house. He also does an evil laugh before taking your stuff.
- You can tell a kid to check for monsters under a bed. If the kid does find monsters there, they'll run away and have the following moodlet:
"NOOO!! Monsters are totally real and they're under the bed and they totally want to eat up [kid]! PANIC!!"
"Are you kidding?! [Kid] isn't going anywhere near that bed."
- Followed by the kid being unable to interact with that bed for a few hours.
- There's also the delightfully hammy burglar.
- The "creeped out" moodlet.
- In The Sims 3 University Life, the mascots dance "Mascot Style."
- During the Christmas season after the final expansion, The Sims 3 Into the Future, was released, the Sims 3 team gave us the 12 days of simsmas. Highlights include the final image of "7 Creepers Creaping," depicting not zombies as the rest of the song had for that line, but 7 bizarrely dressed men with mustaches doing the Hustle.
The Sims 4
- On their official Youtube page, one of the promotional trailers for Get To Work with the male doctors as Chippendales Dancers, and the title is appropriately, "Malpractice". As one commenter put it:
PlumbobAddict: EA girl... yall need jesus.