- This entire movie is built on the premise that Those Two Guys got a movie of their own the first time around, instead of waiting for the sequel... so the movie is just packed with very funny lines.
- Miguel and Tulio are stranded in the ocean on a rowboat with Altivo.
Miguel: Did you ever imagine it would end like this?
Tulio: The horse is a surprise.
- While sitting in the rowboat, a seagull dies on one of their oars. When the starving duo reach for it, a shark pops up and steals it with a huge crunch, and they are just frozen at the unfairness of it all. Hilarious.
- Any of the "duel" scenes:
Tulio: I will give you the honor of a quick and painless death— [pulls a tiny dagger from a guard] —But not with that. [switches it for a rapier] I prefer to fight fairly!
Miguel: Oh, you fight like my sister!
Tulio: I... fought your sister - that's a compliment!
- Or when Miguel realizes that some landmarks on the island match up with the map they won/stole:
Miguel: You said it yourself it was possible, and it is! It really is! The map to EL DORADO!
Tulio: ...You drank the seawater, didn't you?
- "You kept the map, but you couldn't grab a little more food?!"
- Tulio tries to get Miguel to stay away from Chel:
Tulio: The little voice? Remember the little voice? Just for a second imagine that you have one. What would it be saying about Chel?
- An El Dorado warrior gets mauled, chewed on, and finally thrown to the ground by the jaguar statue:
[The jaguar steps on him]
(muffled) "I'm still okay!"
- Miguel and Tulio's first test as gods in El Dorado, involving the conveniently erupting volcano.
- Tulio's Big Word Shout causes all the smoke to retreat back into the volcano and it lets out a cough.
Tulio: What's happening?!
Miguel: [deadpan] We are both in barrels, that is the extent of my knowledge.
- When they're about to leap into those barrels, Tulio bets Miguel they won't make it. When they do, there's a cheerful "you lose!" from inside Miguel's barrel, and a pair of coins are flipped out of Tulio's into Miguel's as Tulio promptly pays up.
- After the duo is found and dragged before Cortez, he coolly informs them that they will be flogged, locked up and brought along to Cuba, where they will be flogged again and used as slave labor for the rest of their lives.
- Upon seeing the giant stone jaguar, Miguel and Tulio perform the best girly scream ever in unison.
- The crown jewel of the film is after Chel convinces the boys to let her in on the con and reveals that she swiped Tulio's loaded dice.
Tulio: (snatches the dice) Hey, how'd you get those?
- Immediately afterward, Chel gives them their ceremonial clothes to change into. And then doesn't leave when they start undressing.
Tulio: [raises eyebrow] Uh, do you mind?
: [without a shred of shame
] No. —Oh! Oh. Sorry. [starts to back out of the room, but keeps staring and eventually closes the curtain after thoroughly checking them out
- Their excuse for not sacrificing an innocent man to Xibalba:
Tulio: The stars are not in position for this tribute!
: [behind him, dragging the helpless man to safety, utterly deadpan
] Like he says. [beat
] Stars. [beat
] Can't do it. [disappears for a beat, only to stick his head back in the frame
] Not today.
- Tzekel-Kan's face when he's told this is fantastic, and is best described "Oh shit, are you serious?" by this abridged fic.
- Hit Memetic Mutation status, particularly on Tumblr. Pretty much every second post under the movie's tag is about the stars.
- "Excuse me, I have to go gloat over my gold."
- The entire "lay low" sequence.
- Many of Chel's Silent Snarker moments.
- "Apparently, El Dorado is native for great. big. ROCK!"
- That line was even funnier in the Norwegian dub, where Tulio really drags out the vowels: "Stor. Svær. STEEEEIIIIN!"
Miguel: "Do you think Cortes could have gotten here before us and—"
Tulio: "And what?! Taken all the really big rocks? The scoundrel!"
- A few funny scenes come from the duo's imprisonment in Cortez's brig. For example, Tulio's plan on escaping, which he comes up with after spending a lot of time in the brig literally banging his head against the wall.
Tulio: Here's the plan. In the dead of night, you and I, grab some provisions, hijack one of those longboats, and then we row back to Spain like there's no maņana!
Miguel: Back to Spain? Yeah?
Miguel: In a rowboat?
Tulio: You got it.
Miguel: Great. Sensational. And, and that's, that's your plan, is it?
Tulio: That's... pretty much it.
Tulio: In the dead of night, you and I, grab some provisions, hijack one of those longboats—
- Later, Miguel attempting to convince the horse, Altivo, to find them a prybar to escape their cell with in exchange for an apple.
: All you have to do is find a prybar. A long piece of iron with a hooky thing
at the end.
Tulio: Miguel, you're talking to a horse!
Miguel: That's it Altivo, find the prybar!
[Altivo brings them the key to their cell.]
Tulio: Well, it's not a prybar.
- This exchange near the end of the movie:
Tulio: Okay... Here's the gate , here's the boat...
Chel: Uh huh, and?
Tulio: [rubs his forehead] Aaargh! Here's the gate...
Chel: Uh huh, and?
Tulio: ...here's the boat...
Chel: Got that... and?
Tulio: Well... Here's the goat, and here's the bait...
- This bit, when introducing themselves to the city:
Miguel: I am Miguel.
Tulio: and I am Tulio.
- A more downplayed bit of humor but still relatively funny:
Chel: I want in.
Chel: On the scam.
- Tzekel-Kan takes his evil magic potions as an Umbrella Drink, apparently.
- When Tulio and Miguel are stuck in the brig of Cortez's ship, with Tulio's unique strategy for thinking up an escape plan.
Tulio: [smacking his forehead on one of the support beams, having left a sizable dent in the wood]
Miguel: So, um, how's the escape plan coming?
Tulio: [looks up from the post with a glimmer of hope] Wait... Wait Wait Wait, I-I'm getting something... [goes back to smacking his forehead]
- Two Words: "HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLY SHIP!"
- At one point, during the song "The Trail We Blaze", Miguel and Tulio are standing by a river and Miguel is cutting through a lot of foliage. Exasperated, Tulio jumps into the river and wades through it, indicating that they could also cross. Unfortunately, Tulio ends up getting leeches on his back and Miguel has to pick them off.
- "On the one hand: GOLD. On the other hand: (points to a tapestry of a man getting his heart ripped out) PAINFUL AGONIZING FAILURE".
- you're HORSE bit MY BUTT!!!