The Ren and Stimpy Show, putting the "Light" in Lightmare Fuel since 1991!
- This classic scene from "Stimpy's Fan Club."
- I AM ADONIS! LORD OF CHAOS!
- DINNER, DINNER! HURRY UP, BOY, I! WANT! MY! DINNER!
- "Space Madness" has some of the absolute best moments, with Ren's descent into madness ("It is not I who am crazy. It is I who am mad!") and the ultimate Schmuck Bait, the History Eraser Button.
- DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP TAPPING LIKE THAT, YOU BLOATED SACK OF PROTOPLASM?!?!?!?!!!
- I've had this ice cream bar since I was a CHILD! People ALWAYS TRYING TO TAKE IT FROM ME!!! WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALOOOOOOONEEEE????
- 'DON'T MAKE ME USE THIS!!!! ONE STEP CLOSER, I"M WARNING YA!!
- NOW YOU'VE DONE IT! YOU! FORCED ME TO USE IT (starts brushing teeth)
- The shot with Stimpy with a toasternote on his head.
- The nubby-looking spacesuit Ren was wearing on the shot of the planet.
- Stimpy slapping Ren's posterior with a towel, and Ren says in a totally wussy tone, "Hey, cut it out!" in a way that's so not like him.
- Ren: "I'll just lie back, and think pleasant thoughts...chicken pot piiiieee.....chocolate covered RAISINS.....eh, glaaaazed hammmm.....ohhh ohhhh...."
- The Large Ham narrator who introduces the show.
- "All systems go! Prepare for countdown! 10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Blast off to adventure In the amazing year four hundred billion! With Commander Hoek and his faithful companion Cadet Stimpy, as they roam the endless uncharted regions of space at speeds so fantastic the throttlenote the imagination!"
- "Okay, space cadets! Prepare to hurtle through the cosmos! In today's turgid episode!"
- DON'T TOUCH IT!! IT'S THE HISTORY ERASER BUTTON, YOU FOOL!!
Cadet Stimpy: S-so what'll happen?Captain Ren: That's just it! We don't know! Maaaybe something bad? Maaaaybe something good? I guess we'll never know!! Cuz you're going to guard it! You won't touch it, will you?
- The Narrator showing up in person!
The Narrator: Oh, how long can trusty Cadet Stimpy hold out? How can he possibly resist the diabolical urge to push the button that could erase his very existence? Will his tortured mind give in to it's uncontrollable desires? Can he withstand the temptation to push the button, that even now, beckons him ever closer? Will he succumb to the maddening urge to eradicate history, at the mere push of a single button? The beautiful shiny button. The jolly candy-like button. Will he hold out, folks? Can he hold out?Cadet Stimpy: NO, I CAN'T!
- "Oh no! I know what you want! You coveteth my ice cream bar!"
- The anthem of the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen, sung to the tune of "My Country Tis Of Thee"/"God Save The Queen".
- Our country reeks of trees/Our yaks are reeeeeally large!/And they smell like rotting beef carcasses...
- And we have to clean up after them/And our saddle sores are the best/We proudly wear women's clothing/and searing sands blow up our skirts!
- And the buzzards, they soar overhead/And poisonous snakes will devour us whole/And our bones will bleach in the sun!
- And we will probably go to (fart noise masking the word "hell" which is seen crossed out in the displayed sing-a-long lyrics)/And that is our great reward/For being the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen!
- After singing, everyone throws their hats, kilts, and intestines in the air.
- The yak getting annoyed by Stimpy's singing and screaming, "SHUT UP!!!! I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE! ALL THE TIME, SINGING, SINGING! WHY WON'T HE STOP?!?!?!" before his real freakout.
- "Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy, HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY..."
- "I don't think you're happy enough."
- "I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
- "If'n you ain't the granddaddy of all liars!"
- "That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee... I told ya I'd shoot! But ya didn't believe me! WHY DIDN'T YA BELIEVE ME?!"
- Ren's crazy laughter and over-the-top happiness throughout the entire episode. Along with his tortured smile.
- The look of demented joy on Ren's face as he bashes himself in the head with a hammer to destroy the happy helmet.
- The little dance routine Stimpy does with his glutes toward the end of the song.
- Ren's reaction when Stimpy reveals how the stay-put socks work. They're full of glue.
- "You filthy swine! I WILL KILL YOU!!"
- Ren's Mood Whiplash after finally removing the helmet. He was strangling Stimpy, angry as heck, but then realized he loved being angry and says he feels great. Ren then thanks Stimpy and lets him go. Stimpy even lets out an uncertain "Happy to be of service...?" with an Aside Glance. It then pans to Ren, wearing a Slasher Smile and his insane laughter ringing out.
- From Ol' Blue Nose: Stimpy: -Nosey, Nosey, Nosey! We saw you on TV! Ren: -So we burned it!
- Ren and Stimpy meeting Wilbur Cobb in "Stimpy's Cartoon Show".
- "Shhh! The walls have teeth! Us I-talians have to stick together, ya know."
- "World War I. So there I was, up to my elbows in Nazis. But don't get me wrong. I'll eat just about anything, so long as it is easy to swallow."
- "By the way, you should get out more."
- Stimpy's cartoon "I Like Pink" in said episode. Pretty much the whole thing.
- From "Insomniac Ren": "Sleep...maybe I'm too smart to sleep... Yes... that's it... Stimpy's asleep and he's an idiot!note " Gotta love Ren's screwed up demented logic.
Stimpy: Once upon a time, the sky grew black as blood.(One hour later)Stimpy: And the last word he spoke as his head rolled across the floor was... "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" And they lived happily ever after!
- Ren's annoyance at Stimpy keeping him awake.
- The faces Stimpy makes during the both times he promptly slides into bed.
- "You didn't jiggle the handle did ya? Get back in there and JIGGLE IT!"
- Stimpy snoring.
- Ren trying to plug up Stimpy's mouth with things to keep him quiet but it fails.
- "For the last time! I! Want You! To Be! QUIET!!!!!!"
- "Shhh. Ren's taking a coma."
- Stimpy's attempt at telling Ren a story.
Ren: How am I supposed to sleep with all this peaceful dreaming going on?!?Stimpy: *As the babies start crying* You're scaring the children, Ren!
- Ren hijacking Stimpy's dream and beating him up. All while Stimpy is dreaming about having a litter of kittens and a puppy. With Ren.
- Stimpy's incoherent babbling in Blazing Entrails.
"I'M NOT OKAY! I'M NOT OKAY!""I wanna banana, Ivana...""Diddle diddle fiddle piddle poodle piddle poodle racky sacky want some seafood mama.""You'll never wander all the rest are peanut butter set the passage you know it has the rose bowl."
- Stimpy's constant spasms in the same episode.
- Firedogs!, where a fat, middle-aged housewife in a burning building tosses various heavy objects onto Ren, including a comically oversized baby ("Save my baby! Save my horse! Save my walrus!"), then shrieks "Save me!" as Stimpy sends Ren up the fire truck ladder at high speed.
- Stimpy telling Ren he has to do "number three," from "My Shiny Friend."
Ren: Heh heh... why, I can't remember the last time I did number three. (beat) NUMBER THREE?!?!?!
Ren: Now, see here, that's my dinner!(Stimpy and the three firemen turn to him, and tell him to "shh" as they go back to watching the TV show)
- Earlier, Stimpy watches a cooking show and attempts to cook a chicken. Of course, this being Stimpy, he starts a fire. Ren hears a knocking on the door, totally ignoring the fire himself, and opens it...only to be run over by three firemen who just kicked down his door. When he gets up to view the commotion, he looks at Stimpy—and now the three firemen-still watching TV, eating the chicken. But here's the kicker:
- Hair of the Cat. All of it, especially Stimpy trying to pronounce "phenomenon".
- "So, you whizzed on the electric fence, didn't ya?"
- The entirty of the fake "Don't Whiz On The Electric Fence" board game ad. The jingle alone is hilarious if only for how incredibly cheery it is!
- "...Next...I'm gonna...tttTEAR your arms out at the socket! And you wanna know what else? I'm gonna HIT ya, and you're gonna fall, and I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
- But first...FIRST...I gotta take a whiz!
- How are we forgetting every scene involving Sven himself?! Sven Hoek is a hilarious episode thanks to Ren's lovable idiot cousin, Sven- whose basically just a Swedish, chihuahua version of Stimpy. His voice is hilarious, he looks funny... Special mention goes to Sven counting during "Hide and Seek" with the numbers out of order, and randomly saying "Fjord!" in place of a number.
- My opera records! COVERED IN BUBBLE GUM! My collection of RARE, INCURABLE, DISEASES! VIOLATED! NOOOOOOOO!!! My dinosaur droppings! PAINTED LIKE EASTER EGGS!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! YEW EEDIOTS!
- YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU! BOTH OF YOOOOOU!!!! *violently poking Sven in the eye*note
- Oh, you like the game, huh?! Well, how do you like THEES!!! (zips down and whizzes on the electric fence)
- A scene from "Rubber Nipple Salesmen" involving Mr. Horse is simultaneously this and Nightmare Fuel. It's a truly horrifying scene, but it's also laugh-out-loud hilarious. Especially since Mr. Horse is acting so out of character.
Mr. Horse: All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE! Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?! Maybe I should make another mistake! Maybe TWO more!Ren: Please sir! I think one mistake is plenty! Just let me show you what's inside here!Mr. Horse: *throws hands up* Don't do it, man! I'm not armed!Ren: We really just want to sell you some rubber nipples! See?Mr. Horse: Oh...it is a nipple. *laughs good-naturedly* Oh, what you must think of me.
Walrus: Call the police.
- The walrus.
Stimpy: My dream... is that one day, everyone everywhere will know the wonders of my nipples!
- The man with rubber nipples on his knees.
- Stimpys "Dream" speech:
- Then there's Mr. Horse's appearance in "Out West": "So. It's the old steal-the-horse bit again, is it? All right, let's do it. If we have to."
- Ren's reactions to Stimpy sculpting the heads of Santa Claus and Fidel Castro on the Lincoln Memorial in "An Abe Divided".
- "DO IT AGAIN!!"
- Any time either of the main characters scream. Billy West and John Kricfalusi have the most epic screams of terror in cartoon history.
- Not to mention the most epic psychotic laughter, although that's all Billy — John couldn't get the laugh to sound quite nightmarish enough.
- "Hey! I don't need three butts!"
- Ren's reaction after reading a letter about one of Stimpy's fans who still wets his bed: "You... MAKE ME SICK! YOU PROBABLY WET THE BED ON PURPOSE!"
- The Haunted House and Fake Dad episodes. From the first, we have the bloody head fairy, the yak tenderizing his food, the ghost killing himself and coming back as a fat black guy. The the second, we have Kowalski, a 9 year old "kid" on what is basically a Big Brother/Big Sister ripoff. Kowalski is serving a 36 year prison sentence for crimes on humanity... and oh hell, here's a picture of him◊
- The majority of "Mad Dog Hoek".
- FLYING BUTT PLIERS!
- "HEY REN! Pretending to wrestle is the funnest thing ever!"
- "WE WILL HAVE! OUR! REVEEEEEEEEENGE!"
- Stimpy's "I Like Darren!" rant is an odd example of this and Nightmare Fuel. Especially towards the end, where he's screaming his lines out like a madman, his voice has an echo effect, and the music is all crazy.
- His tongue is ripped off while he screamed.
- Extra funny is how Ren who's normally rather Ax-Crazy tries to calm down a raging Stimpy who's normally rather calm but gets shoved away.
- Ren & Stimpy try to rob a bank with a missile.
Stimpy: Give us a full tank of gas, we're flying this bird to Cuba!
- The cartoon in "Stimpy's Cartoon Show", starring Explodey and Poopy. It really has to be seen to be believed.
- Ren auditioning a Classically Trained Extra as a potential replacement for Stimpy during the Sidekicks strike.
"Can you play Stimpy?""I played Stimpy FOR THE QUEEN!"
- There was also one replacement, a hillbilly, who really wanted to direct.
- Don't forget the Baboon. It starts off with the show's traditional title card, with Baboon in the place of Stimpy. Ren looks uneasy and scared on it, rather than his usual self. During the taping, he's trying to act like himself, but is terrified and shaking all the way through.
- In "I Love Chicken" Stimpy falls in love with a chicken.
- "GRINDY GRINDY GRINDY"
- "Well next time you're hungry, I'll trust you not to cook my wife!"
- Stimpy saying "Let me spell you for it, mister", followed by letters spelling the word "mister" appearing above Ren's head.
- The tear gas scene in "In The Army." Especially to someone who's been through tear gas training. Stimpy's wild takes are pretty much what tear gas really does to you.
- The "Log" commercials.
- In "Road Apples", all the characters are sleeping on the large bed. Their snoring is keeping Red awake. Ren complains, "Everybody's asleep except me! Hey, if everyone's asleep... WHO'S DRIVING THE R.V.???" He looks to find no one is. He screams as the R.V. crashes into the water. The husband and wife puts them outside so they wouldn't wet the bed.
Wilbur Cobb: The joke's on them, I already wet the bed. HA HA HA HA HA!
- "A Yard Too Far".
Ren: "I'm so hungry, I'm wasting away! I'm nothing but skin and bones..." (opens his skin, showing his skeleton)Stimpy: "Yeah, I'm nothing but skin and fat!" (opens his stomach, showing fat)
- "There's no dog, but there is a baboon!"
- Ren rips Stimpy's skin off and orders it to get the hog jowls. The baboon's owner, thinking it's a jowl fallen off the plate, gives it to the baboon and it starts mauling on it. Skinless Stimpy could only look on and cry.
- The "Prehensile nose" gag from "Monkey See, Monkey Don't."
- As a Call Back to Space Madness, "Scotsman In Space" has Ren go nuts again and threaten to lick a fly. A mortified Stimpy begs him to stop.
Stimpy: Ands lo, on the third day, he did wear of a goat. And it was good. Wear not the hat of unleavened bread, for it is diseased.
- Ren uses the Scotsman genie to wish for women and fortune. Stimpy wishes for the world to no longer need material possessions (bye bye, money), for racial equality (bye bye, women and hello middle aged men of varying ethnicity) and live somewhere it's hot and people never grow old (cue the duo hurtling towards the sun, after the heat disintegrates his hand to slap Stimpy, Ren can only sulk and wait oblivion as the similarly melting wide-eyed Stimpy babbles pious jargon).
- From "Terminal Stimpy", Stimpy's Five Stages of Grief. Especially "Anger"note and "Bargaining".
- "I was up all night sleeping like a baby worrying about you!"
- In "Friend in Your Face", Ren tries to get of his head parasite by sucking him up with a vacuum cleaner, only to ensnare and beat up his own brain instead.
- He even sends a leech into his brain. Only for the head parasite to cook it and eat it.
- Pretty much anything involving Old Man Hunger from "The Great Outdoors", including the Running Gag of his loving Skinny-X'ing and the various Scenery Censors that are employed, including a sign reading "No ball play".
- One of the highlights is the scene where Ren sets himself on fire trying to start a campfire and Old Man Hunger stomps on him to put him out.
- "The Boy Who Cried Rat" - SQUEAK! Squeak, I tell you, SQUEAK!
- "Bell Hops":
Man in trash can: Psst. Hey buddy, I'll give you $5 for a photograph of the mysterious man in the penthouse suite.
Man in trash can: Okay okay, a million dollars. But that's as high as I go. Whaddya say?
Stimpy: Nooooo! I have taken the bell hop oath! I must respect the preversity of my guests! Take this, Satan's minion! (dumps garbage on him) (singing) Onward bellhop soldiers, dah dah-dah-dah-daaaaaah...
- Although "Ren's Brain" has immense Nightmare Fuel in the beginning, it becomes funny how Ren's brain materializes into a living being. With the fact that Ren doesn't even notice! Stimpy meanwhile is having fun with Idiot Ren, who's an absolute drooling yokel at this point. Brain Ren comes home to find them together and accuses Stimpy of entertaining another chihuahuha. All while not even realizing that it's his own body!
- "Bass Masters" has Ren calmly talking to the audience while he's preparing to go fishing before waking up Stimpy.
Ren: Well, it's five A.M. Time to wake up my assistant, Stimpy.*Beat*
- Literally any time Sid the circus midget from "Stimpy's Pet" opens his mouth is this. Helped by the fact that he's voiced by Phil Hartman.
Adult Party Cartoon
- "Onward and Upward" had Ren and Stimpy acting like high class socialites. Along with the names of "Renwick" and "Stimpington".
- Later in the episode, Ren is taking a bath while Stimpy is drying up. Ren is about to shampoo his hair, but Stimpy slaps it out of his hand. He gives him an alternative shampoo, to which Ren says in a cute little voice, "I'd like to try...". Ren reaches for it, but Stimpy slaps his hand. Ren's pouty face in response is adorable and pathetic. Stimpy then proceeds to shampoo his head, giving him loving slaps all the while.
- When Stimpy is reaching into his "secret spot" (his butt) for money he has squirreled away, Ren takes a peek and says, "What's so secret about THAT spot?"
- "Ren Seeks Help" has the scene where Mr. Horse suddenly goes apeshit chewing Ren out.
Mr. Horse: I'll tell you what's wrong with you. (beat; punches Ren in the face) YOU'RE FUCKING CRAZY!!! THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!Ren: Crazy?Mr. Horse: That's right! You need to be locked up, away from decent, normal people! What kind of a lunatic are you!? You just walk up to strangers on the street and tell them "Hey mister, YOU WANNA HEAR SOME SICK STORIES OF MY TWISTED YOUTH!?"Ren: I don't understand. I came to you for help! I bared my soul to you, I told you my darkest secrets, AND NOW YOU TELL ME I'M CRAZY!? What kind of a psychologist are you!?Mr. Horse: Psychologist!? Are you nuts!? I'M A HORSE!
- The moment when Ren's mother just takes the gun that Ren's father tries to give Ren, smacks Ren's father on the head with it... and then gives Ren a chainsaw.
- Though the beginning steps into Tear Jerker territory, Stimpy's dramatic sobs and facial expressions at the beginning are too hammy to take seriously.
- Ren's breakdown at the beginning of "Stimpy's Pregnant"
Ren: Crap! Crap! CRAP! We haven't had a job in six years. What are we going to raise him on...''KITTY LITTER!?''
- Ren pulling out a hanger after Stimpy tells him he's pregnant.
- Ren going on about his seed and "throbbing manhood" through the phone for at least 5 minutes, after which he ends the conversation with saying "Well, it was nice talking to you, mom".
- Stimpy is male, yet him being pregnant is treated as if it was perfectly possible. Even Ren's outburst was in-tune with the way a man would react to an unplanned pregnancy.
- Ren's over the top dramatization about wanting a beer. Followed by his spit-take of the warm beer and dramatic whining about it.
- The Mexican Elvis, Mexa Canelves in "Altruists".
Stimpy: Don't you want to stay and cuddle?
- The infamous log sawing scene in the same episode. It's one big moment of blatant Does This Remind You of Anything?, Double Entendre, and Getting Crap Past the Radar.
Ren: .... Shame on you! *Tosses him a towel* Now clean that shit up.
- The flute dance from "Fire Dogs 2".
- The final issue's cover. It needs to be seen to be believed. ◊
- A rejected "Ask Dr. Stupid" comic consisted of the eponymous character showing how Gritty Kitty Litter is made. It goes on to be pure Nightmare Fuel before Ren steps in to call out the audience and explain that it's a cartoon. A joke. Not real.
- The next part of it features how Powdered Toast Man is made. It happens in the same sequence, with Dr. Stupid being horrified and Ren stepping in AGAIN to stop the madness.
- Having had enough, Ren takes Stimpy to show him how Powdered Toast is REALLY made. Which turns out to be from Gritty Kitty Litter.
- On top of that, Ren addresses him by his full name.
- "Raiders of the Lost Yak" consist of the duo seeking out a treasure, Indiana Jones style. They eventually find the relic, but come to see that it consists of a wish-granting genie. Stimpy takes the first wish, which is to be happy. Ren is furious at this before he inadvertently makes a wish that Stimpy be smart and think more like him. It ends up working too well, as Stimpy now acts just like he does. He even smacks Ren! It's absolutely hilarious to see Stimpy, of all people, acting just like Ren does. The two have an argument over who gets the last wish, before they end up wishing the other didn't get it at all.