- At 2:22 of "We're a Happy Family" from Rocket To Russia Joey Ramone, in the act and tone of a deadbeat dad, declares with his New Yorker accent: "Hey, where are my socks? [...] Ahnd wear is mah ' undarhwearrr? "
Sitting here in QueensEating refried beansWe're in all the magazinesGulpin' down Thorazines.We ain't got no friendsOur troubles never end
- Heck, you could count that entire song as a Crowning Moment Of Funny for being ever-so darkly humorous. Just read the verse:
- Also the random "What is this minimalism?!" at the end.
- Their appearance on The Simpsons (season five's "Rosebud"note ). Despite only appearing for 30 seconds to sing a punk rendition of Happy Birthday to Mr. Burns, they were one of the best things in that episode.
Joey: I'd just like to say this gig sucks!Johnny: Hey, up yours, Springfield.
- The band greets the audience:
C.J.: *to Burns* Go ta hell, you old bastid!*the curtain closes*Marky: Hey, I think they liked us!
- After the song:
Mr. Burns: Have The Rolling Stones killed.Mr. Smithers: But, sir, those aren't the —Mr. Burns: Do as I say!
- Burns' reaction:
- Dee Dee's rap album, Standing in the Spotlight, is hard to find — and for good reason — but it's a great piece of Narm thanks to Dee Dee's weak attempts at rapping. Even funnier was his speech in the End Of The Century documentary elaborating on why the album failed.
- However, the song "The Crusher", about wanting to be a professional wrestler, was good enough to be revisited, with altered lyrics, on the Ramones' last album, Adios Amigos, and was performed at their final concert, which was documented on We're Outta Here!.
- "Pinhead" from Leave Home and "Cretin Hop", from Rocket To Russia, probably two of the most ridiculous "cool" songs in existence.
- "Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue" from Ramones: the asinine way Joey says: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8", before the music comes rocking back and just jams like an idiot until the sudden end.
- Joey and CJ make an appearance on Muchmusic, where CJ forgets they're live and disses a New Kids on the Block fan.
- Their Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction was a bit somber without Joey there to pick up his trophy, but it does have Dee Dee giving the single greatest Hall Of Fame induction speech ever made:
Dee Dee: Hi, I'm Dee Dee Ramone, and I'd like to congratulate myself, and thank myself, and give myself a big pat on the back. Thank you, Dee Dee, you're very wonderful, I love you!
- The opening to "Apeman Hop" from Animal Boy has the band making monkey noises while Dee Dee and Joey converse in caveman speak.
Dee Dee: Zungowi, oonga booga! Matsuwana zunboonga. Bwana bwana matsuwana!Joey: Eyogi unbata, comjuju komola?Dee Dee: Colabunga, ungowa.
- Also at certain points in the song, Dee Dee can be heard making loud Tarzan noises.
- The lyrics to "Got Alot To Say" are made up of exactly two sentences.