open/close all folders
The Fellowship of the Ring
- She opens the review with a resigned facepalm, showing her disappointment with The Hobbit.
- She snuck a copy of the Bible in between the various fantasy books in her picture of the typical fantasy bookshelf.
- Pointing out that Galadriel's "For none live who remember it" opening narration, for all its refined delivery, is pretty off-the-mark since she, Elrond, Saruman, and Gandalf are clearly still around.
- Addressing Frodo's ability to carry the One Ring in the most blunt way.
Chick!Gandalf: I get the Ring, I could become this (Sauron), or this (Balrog). You? Worst case scenario, this:
Gollum: See what Sméagol finds?
- After a quick bitch on how Elrond is too craggly to be an elf, squee-flailing when she finds out he could have been played by David Bowie.
- Launching into the final minutes of the review with a sweet, optimistic look at why it was important the film came out when it did...and capping it off with one more look at the Frodo fall counter.
- "Did you just make Boromir fall down too?"
- "TOM F**KING BOMBADIL"
- Playing the Xena: Warrior Princess theme song over the entire section about Arwen, which is actually about how she mostly doesn't fit that image.
The Two Towers
- Her briefly squeeing over Gollum.
''I once stood in line to see Andy Serkis
. Got a picture and everything. He smelled nice.
- Ending the review with the Frodo Fall Counter.
- The music accompanying the shot of the orc carrying the torch? the Olympics theme.
The Return of the King, Part 1
The Return of the King, Part 2
- Her face when showing off the gigantic box set.
- Revisiting the Frodo fall counter.
- Her disbelief at the appearance of the eagles.
- She actually hired a Sassy Gay Friend.
- Rantasmo's opening and closing lines.
"Oh hey, Lindsay. What's up? [Beat] Girlfriends?"
"Sassy Gay Friend, out!"
- Lampshading the film's Ho Yay between Frodo and Sam.
- Her imitation of the film's Ending Fatigue, until finally she just tells us there's nothing more to see.
- Directly after criticizing Legolas's role as Captain Obvious, we get this:
Gimli: Never thought I'd die fighting side-by-side with an elf.
Legolas: What about side-by-side with a friend?
Nostalgia Chick: Baaaaaw okay I forgive your stupid one-liners, Legolas.
Return to Me
- Her constantly lampshading the weirdness of the premise for the movie (a widower falling in love with a woman who got his wife's heart in a surgery), including her Fridge Logic at the title in the end.
Disney Needs More Gay
- Chick and Nella in bed very Les Yay-ish which works greatly because of the subject.
- "My rights and dignity have been systematically marginalized... guuuuuurrrrrlll."
- The Chick attempting to make a Pet Homosexual out of Rantasmo and failing.
- Nella being relegated to the obligatory strawman. Remember that Nella is bi.
- At the end of the video both the Chick and Rantasmo both yelling "GUUURRRLLL!".
- Rantasmo is clearly made uncomfortable when the Chick talks about her right for her, as a female, to have a Gay Best Friend, and later when she excitedly goes on about the Disney princesses having gay friends as a positive result of more gay representation. That's some good acting.
Top Ten Music Videos of the Nineties
The Addams Family
- Lindsay (seemingly) having a difficult time snapping her fingers to the intro.