Funny: The Mystery of Mamo
- As stated on its main and Trivia pages, there's four english dubs for The Mystery of Mamo... and each one has its own take on certain lines and bits of dialogue. A good example would be when the 10-wheel truck chasing Lupin and the gang runs Zenigata off the road...
Zenigata: [Geneon subtitles] *triumphant laugh* What awesome power!
Ed Scott: [Toho dub] *triumphant laugh* Did you see that driving power?!
Zenigata: [Streamline dub] *nervous laugh* What am I laughing about?
Zenigata: [Manga UK dub] Yeah-ha-ha-ha! You don't run me down as easy as that!
Zenigata: [Geneon dub] *maniacal laugh* Watch out, Lupin!
- When Lupin is wandering the island, he runs into Hitler, whom he greets appropriately...
Lupin: [original Japanese] Heil Hitler!
Lupin: [Toho dub] Heil Hitler!
Lupin: [Streamline dub] Heil, mein Führer!
Lupin: [Manga UK dub] Heil Schicklgruber!
Lupin: [Geneon dub] Heil, mein Führer!
- Jigen's fedora is the butt of some snarky moments, such as when he and Lupin are escaping the pyramid on a motorcycle. Jigen catches his hat before it flies, to which Lupin comments that he needs to lose it. In a couple of the dubs, it's even speculated that Jigen's hat is hiding a bald spot.
- During the car chase scene early in the movie, Fujiko offers Lupin and his friends a ride in her car, only for Lupin to hijack the car and ditch her shortly afterwards. In the dubs, Fujiko is sometimes given a rather hypocritical response...
Fujiko: [Geneon subtitles] You thief!
Margo: [Toho dub] Stop, thief!
Fujiko: [Streamline dub] Damn! Stop, you lousy thief!
- In the Toho dub, when Lupin is researching the Wise Man's Stone, he and Jigen (or Dan Dunn) share this gem of an exchange.
Dan: Have you finished with your history lesson?
Lupin: Don't be funny! I'm not studying cause I like it!
- Some of Goemon's Ice-Cream Koan lines in the Manga UK dub, such as "Nice asses turn men into asses".