Funny / The Mask of Zorro
- Alejandro's first "fight" with Don de la Vega after de la Vega keeps him from fighting Captain Love. It last all of about 20 seconds.
de la Vega: You would have fought very bravely and died very quickly.
Alejandro: I'd have found a way. I've never lost a fight!
de la Vega: Except to a crippled old man just now.
- When de la Vega is first training Alejandro, Alejandro whips his sword around in several fancy-looking movements...then de la Vega simply knocks the sword out of hands with one swipe.
de la Vega: (referring to Alejandro's sword) Do you know how to use that thing?
Alejandro: The pointy end goes into the other man?
de la Vega: This is going to take a lot of work.
- Zorro pretending to be a priest and hearing a Confession. He gets the Ten Commandments wrong.
- He doesn't just get them wrong - he has no idea which is which or what most of them are.
Elena: I broke the Fourth Commandment.
Alejandro: You killed somebody?
Elena: No, that is not the Fourth Commandment.
Of course not. What did you do to break the most sacred of Commandments?
Elena: I dishonored my father.
: That's not so bad. Maybe they deserved it.
- Perhaps some of Don Vega's education of Alejandro included some Japanese texts.
- The sword fight between Zorro and Elena in the first film. More specifically the hilarious Shameful Strip Zorro subjects Elena to that was pretty much the money shot of the entire marketing campaign.
- Alejandro as Don Alejandro is such a delightful jerk, it's hilarious.
- Alejandro getting a lot of enjoyment out of trolling Captain Love.
[Alenjandro walks over to Elena and Love on the dance floor]
Elena: Yes, were you looking for something?
Alejandro: A sense of the miraculous in everyday life.
Captain Love: [bemused] Really? Well, why don't you try looking somewhere else? The lady and I are trying to dance.