Funny: The Mask of Zorro
- Alejandro's first "fight" with Don de la Vega after de la Vega keeps him from fighting Captain Love.
de la Vega: You would have fought very bravely and died very quickly.
- When de la Vega is first training Alejandro, Alejandro whips his sword around in several fancy-looking movements...then de la Vega simply knocks the sword out of hands with one swipe.
de la Vega: (referring to Alejandro's sword) Do you know how to use that thing?Alejandro: The pointy end goes into the other man?de la Vega: This is going to take a lot of work.
- Also this scene:
- Zorro pretending to be a priest and hearing a Confession. He gets the Ten Commandments wrong.
Elena: I broke the Fourth Commandment.Alejandro: You killed somebody?Elena: No, that is not the Fourth Commandment.Alejandro: [Beat] Of course not. What did you do to break the most sacred of Commandments?Elena: I dishonored my father.Alejandro: That's not so bad. Maybe they deserved it.
- He doesn't just get them wrong - he has no idea which is which or what most of them are.
- Perhaps some of Don Vega's education of Alejandro included some Japanese texts.
- The sword fight between Zorro and Elena in the first film. More specifically the hilarious Shameful Strip Zorro subjects Elena to that was pretty much the money shot of the entire marketing campaign.
- Alejandro as Don Alejandro is such a delightful jerk, it's hilarious.
- "Do you know how to use that thing?" "Yes. *gestures* The pointy end goes into the other man." "...this is going to take a lot of work."