Funny: The Magnificent Seven
- O' Reilly's exasperation when trying to coach one of of the villagers who just keeps getting too excited when trying to shoot. Finally he's had enough and takes the gun from the man, and proposes a different use for the weapon.
"You take the gun like this (holds the weapon like a bat) and you use it like a club!
- Yul Brynner is doing everything within his power not to laugh right then and there.
- Most of the scenes with O' Reilly and the three boys are funny moments.
Village Boy #2: We drew straws. And we got you!O'Reilly: You got? What's that mean? You got me.Village Boy #1: If you get killed, we take the rifle and avenge you.Village Boy #2: And we see to it there's always fresh flowers on your grave.O'Reilly: That's a mighty big comfort.Village Boy #2: I told you he'll appreciate that!O'Reilly: Well, now don't you kids be too disappointed if your plans don't work out.Village Boy #1: We won't. If you stay alive, we'll be just as happy.Village Boy #2: Maybe even happier.Village Boy #1: Maybe... (cue awkward silence)
- The "greatest" shot in the world.
Britt: The worst. I was aiming for the horse.
- O'Reilly is full of these in general, starting from the moment Chris and Vin approach him as he's chopping wood as payment for his breakfast.
Chris: I'm a friend of Harry Luck's. He tells me you're broke.O'Reilly: Nah. I'm doing this because I'm an e-ccentric millionaire.
- Shortly afterwards, O'Reilly's priceless mid-chop doubletake when Chris tells him the job is six men against thirty guns. "I admire your notion of fair odds, mister."