Funny: The Last Days of FOXHOUND
Many, many strips hold these, but there are plenty to note:
- This strip.
Psycho Mantis: That conniving backstabbing son of a bitch Santa Claus!"
- "Do I look like a masochist? Don't answer that." Here.
- Liquid tries to point out that he's Foxhound's C.O., not their mother.
Wolf: LIQVIIIIIIID! MANTIS IS TRYING TO MAKE ZOMBIIEEES!
- Mantis's necromancy.
"Zombie": (EXPLODES IN A HUGE SPRAY OF GORE)
Mantis: Huh. Oh well, still got thirty-seven more.
- Ocelot and Solidus talking about the plans for taking over Metal Gear. They end their conversation:
Solidus: I'll be in Europe working on START 3 the whole time, but feel free to contact me by CODEC anytime.
Ocelot: Okay, see ya. ...Wait.
Ocelot: You're going to be negotiating a nuclear disarmament treaty.
Ocelot: Can I hug you?
- The one that made this lurker laugh the most was probably Ocelot's interrupting Solidus'...activities on CODEC.
Ocelot: Where are you?
Solidus: In the Oval Office. Now piss off! (looks down) ...Not you, babe. Keep going.
- I've always been fond of "I will find your mother's grave and fuck her corpse!"
- Especially when you realise that his mother is The Boss. The most badass soldier in history. Who gave birth to Ocelot during the Normandy landing. Somehow, she'd find a way to kick Mantis' ass for that if he ever tried. Whats even funnier is how Mantis tried to justify this threat when a mailbag letter called him out on making a threat like that despite his hatred of sexual contact.
- In Soviet Russia, corpse fucks you? She even died on Soviet soil you know...
- Ocelot learns that Sergei Gurlukovich was planning to have him assassinated:
Ocelot: Wait, were you going to try and kill me?
Gurlukovich: Shalashaska! Don't be ridiculous, we would never-
Ocelot: Oh my god, you WERE gonna kill me!
Gurlukovich: My friend, I-
Ocelot: That's ADORABLE!
- When Liquid attempted to hire some new FOXHOUND members. He mentions when they tested Reader Rabbit:
Reader Rabbit: Can you spell "cat"?
- Liquid and Octopus's Mushroom Samba.
- The explanation to why Sniper Wolf's outfit is so... revealing.
Sniper Wolf: I mean, look at zis!
- Baker finding out that FOXHOUND will be sent to Shadow Moses for the REX testing, after being relieved that Dead Cell isn't being sent.
- How about the strip which points out how pointless Liquid disguising himself as Master Miller was in the original game?
Ocelot: What good's a disguise gonna do? It's Codec.
- Made even funnier when you remember that the reason Octopus and Ocelot looked at each other for one panel was because they had a Codec conversation earlier on in which they mentioned how they could see each other.
- Rewinding memories can be hilarious.
- Berthold discovers that his previous visit to Shadow Moses had unintended consequences.
- Gurlukovich calls Ocelot through a "secure" line. Ocelot reveals that there are no less than four American agents tapping the line. Hilarity ensues.
- Colonel Campbell to the President. "With all due respect sir...this is totally fucking insane."
- Raven being stopped at the U.S./Mexican border in a tank. And being allowed through.
Border Guard: Alright, your inspection is done, go on ahead.
Raven: That's it?
Border Guard: Yessir, you're all clear.
Raven: ...So there is absolutely no problem with me bringing a tank across the border.
Border Guard: 'Long as there ain't no Mexicans hidin' inside, and we checked that.
- During a trip into Ocelot's mind, Raven and Mantis witness the moment where Young Ocelot was playing russian roulette... with three revolvers... juggling them. Then The Boss comes and snatches the one that was about to shoot. Their reactions sells it.
Raven: ... How—
Mantis: Shut up, I'm doing the math.
- Wolf and Ocelot have a small shooting contest.
- We finally discover The Boss' weakness: The Sorrow's Puppy Eyes.