- This strip.
Psycho Mantis: That conniving backstabbing son of a bitch Santa Claus!"
- "Do I look like a masochist? Don't answer that." Here.
- Liquid tries to point out that he's Foxhound's C.O., not their mother.
Wolf: LIQVIIIIIIID! MANTIS IS TRYING TO MAKE ZOMBIIEEES!
- Mantis's necromancy.
"Zombie": (EXPLODES IN A HUGE SPRAY OF GORE)Mantis: Huh. Oh well, still got thirty-seven more.
- Before that, the rest of the gang has come in to investigate. Naoimi's there as well. When asked why, she tries to make a joke:
Naomi: Me? I just love being around dead bodies.Everyone Else: Stares blankly at herNaomi: That was a joke. You know? Ha ha?Wolf: I vas just thinking: how could zis get any creepier?
- Ocelot and Solidus talking about the plans for taking over Metal Gear. They end their conversation:
Solidus: I'll be in Europe working on START 3 the whole time, but feel free to contact me by CODEC anytime.Ocelot: Okay, see ya. ...Wait.Solidus: Yeah?Ocelot: You're going to be negotiating a nuclear disarmament treaty.Solidus: Yes.Solidus: And?Ocelot: Can I hug you?
- Ocelot's interrupting Solidus'...activities on CODEC.
Ocelot: Where are you?Solidus: In the Oval Office. Now piss off! (looks down) ...Not you, babe. Keep going.(Later)
- "I will find your mother's grave and fuck her corpse!" Especially when you realise that his mother is The Boss. The most badass soldier in history. Who gave birth to Ocelot during the Normandy landing. Somehow, she'd find a way to kick Mantis' ass for that if he ever tried. Whats even funnier is how Mantis tried to justify this threat when a mailbag letter called him out on making a threat like that despite his hatred of sexual contact.
- Ocelot learns that Sergei Gurlukovich was planning to have him assassinated:
Ocelot: Wait, were you going to try and kill me?Gurlukovich: Shalashaska! Don't be ridiculous, we would never-Ocelot: Oh my god, you WERE gonna kill me!Gurlukovich: My friend, I-Ocelot: That's ADORABLE!
- When Liquid attempted to hire some new FOXHOUND members. He mentions when they tested Reader Rabbit:
Liquid narrating: Reader Rabbit...No. Just No.Reader Rabbit: Can you spell "cat"?Psycho Mantis: Can you spell "Lapin à la moutarde?"
- Liquid and Octopus's Mushroom Samba.
- The explanation to why Sniper Wolf's outfit is so... revealing.
Sniper Wolf: I mean, look at zis!Liquid Snake: I am looking at zis.
- Baker finding out that FOXHOUND will be sent to Shadow Moses for the REX testing, after being relieved that Dead Cell isn't being sent.
- Pointing out how pointless Liquid disguising himself as Master Miller was in the original game.
Ocelot: What good's a disguise gonna do? It's Codec.
- Made even funnier when you remember that the reason Octopus and Ocelot looked at each other for one panel was because they had a Codec conversation earlier on in which they mentioned how they could see each other.
- Rewinding memories can be hilarious.
- Berthold discovers that his previous visit to Shadow Moses had unintended consequences.
- Gurlukovich calls Ocelot through a "secure" line. Ocelot reveals that there are no less than four American agents tapping the line. Hilarity ensues.
- Colonel Campbell to the President. "With all due respect sir...this is totally fucking insane."
- Raven being stopped at the U.S./Mexican border in a tank. And being allowed through.
Border Guard: Alright, your inspection is done, go on ahead.Raven: That's it?Border Guard: Yessir, you're all clear.Raven: ...So there is absolutely no problem with me bringing a tank across the border.Border Guard: 'Long as there ain't no Mexicans hidin' inside, and we checked that.
- During a trip into Ocelot's mind, Raven and Mantis witness the moment where Young Ocelot was playing russian roulette... with three revolvers... juggling them. Then The Boss comes and snatches the one that was about to shoot. Their reactions sells it.
Raven: ... How—
Mantis: Shut up, I'm doing the math.
- Later, Mantis tries to figure it out with Ocelot recreating it. He still gets it wrong, and Ocelot notes he doesn't know how she knew it either.
- Chinaman's introduction.
- Wolf and Ocelot have a small shooting contest.
- We finally discover The Boss' weakness: The Sorrow's Puppy Eyes.
- When Raven and Mantis go on a journey to the center of Liquid's mind and find that the metaphor for Liquid' mind is a a building which has more than a passing resemblance to a giant penis. Imagining the exact way the characters would say their lines seals it.
Raven: Wow. Just... wow.
Mantis: Freud would shit his pants.
- The REX testing...doesn't exactly get off to a great start.
(After a significant time is spent on an Activation Sequence...only to peter out at the very end)Liquid, over the radio: Your interface continues to impress me, Doctor Emmerich. How long did you spend animating that particular piece of metal falling off?
[[The next day, Liquid is sitting on top of the railgun.]]Liquid: Okay, now you [Ocelot] throw me the missile.
- Things don't get any better, leading to a Failure Montage. Eventually Liquid gets fed up and says he has a better idea for tomorrow:
- Yeah, okay, I'm with you. the guy who designed this place can just go to hell.
Funny / The Last Days of FOXHOUND
Many, many strips hold these, but there are plenty to note: