Funny: The Land Before Time
- "I smell! I SMELL! I SMELL!... Ducky."
- The first thing Spike does when he's born? He eats his own nest. It's his Establishing Character Moment.
- Petrie deciding that he can stay on Littlefoot's head and hang onto his tree star, accompanied by him rolling the tree star up, holding it like a bayonet, and marching back and forth on Littlefoot's head.
- "You got a nice flat head, Flathead. Hee hee!"
- Cera's snark provides a lions share of the humor in the sequels and TV series.
- When Chomper claims his parents would like the gang, Cera replies: "How? Rare, medium, or well done?"
- This exchange in VII, after Rinkus knocks Petrie out of the air:
Pterano: (hits Rinkus) If there's one thing I will not tolerate, it's violence!Rinkus: Then why are you hitting me?!Pterano: Right, make that two things: violence, and stupid questions! (hits him again)
Ducky: "You are not very good at landing, are you?Sierra [threateningly]: "Pipe down, or I'll—Pterano: Sierra! Show a little self control, will you?Sierra: Self control my tail-bone! I've been puttin' up with that whiny little voice since we took off! (imitating Ducky) "No, no, no! Yep, yep, yep!" It's driving me nuts, nuts, nuts!!!!
- Soon followed by Sierra expressing his hatred for Ducky's Catch Phrase
- VII has the chase in the canyon after the gang rescue Ducky. Basically, Littlefoot and Ducky are riding a log down the river while Cera and Spike waterski behind them, all the while being chased by Pterano and co. It ends when Littlefoot distracts them long enough that they crash into an overhanging rock. Complete with a priceless Oh Crap! face from Pterano, since he's being towed along by the others and is the only one who can see what's coming.
Sierra: Don't mind if we do. (grabs Pterano's wing and Rinkus grabs the other as he chuckles evilly and they drag him along)
- Pterano trying to stop Rinkus and Sierra from attacking the gang and telling them to "get a grip!" Their response?
Pterano: Let go of me! How dare yoooooouuuuuuuuu!
- "Longnecks just saved the entire world.... This is gonna kill my dad!"
- In VIII, as the gang hikes through deep snow, Littlefoot mutters 'How could this get any worse?'. Cut to the gang struggling through a blizzard as Cera shouts 'You had to ask, didn't you?!'
- Cera's reaction to finding out the Great Valley dinosaurs may have to split back into seperate herds: "I don't wanna live with a bunch of three horns! They're way too bossy!"
- In IV, Icky gets stuck in a log so Dil chomps him out of there, so his neck is only stuck in part of the log. He panics when he thinks Dil is going to eat him, but Dil bites off the last part of the log. After the log is gone, the look on Icky's face is priceless.
- This troper always got a chuckle out of Spike's scat-singing.
- In "The Big Freeze", Cera's "mad" song has a moment where she screams so loud that it echoes through the entire valley. And then, we see her dad's reaction:
Mr. Threehorn: (proudly) Ohoho, she's mad at somebody!
- In V when Chomper goes to gather green food for his friends, his parents witness this and get the assumption that he is gathering them for himself.
Chomper's Dad: Sometimes I worry about that boy.
- The Great Longneck Migration
- The scene where Petrie and Ducky are debating over which rock Cera should jump to next, unknowing that the next "Rock" is a prehistoric crocodile. This goes on for way longer than is necessary, but the fact that the croc rolls its eyes in total exasperation as if saying "For the love of god, just jump so I can eat you already!"
- In Invasion of the Tinysauruses when Littlefoot accidentally knocks every tree sweet off the tree. Realizing how much trouble he's in, he faints. When he comes to, he sees one tinysaurus on his nose and a whole fleet of them eating all the fallen tree sweets. One eats a tree sweet off his nose and he screams, scaring them all away. Then Cue to Mr. Threehorn and Tria nearby.
Tria: Did you hear something?
Topsy [nonchalantly] Ah, just a flyer.
Tria: Whatever you say big fella. But it sounded to me like somebody screamed.
Topsy: Nah, what would anybody have to scream about on a beautiful day like today?
(Topsy notices the empty Tree Sweet Tree. Eyes widen in horror)Cut to an aerial view of the valley as Topsy screams so loudly, that it echoes through the whole valley, even causing a distant avalanche
Petrie: So, Cera. You mad you don't get no first bite of tree sweets?
- Later when all the dinosaurs arrive at the empty tree sweet tree
Cera: WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!?
[Petrie is sent flying toward a nearby rock]
Skitter: Gee, you're friendly! My name's Skitter. What's yours?
- Then when Littlefoot discovers the Mini-Longnecks there's this gem.
'Littlefoot: They call me Littlefoot.
Skitter: You gotta be kiddin' me!
Big Daddy: You brought one of those big longnecks in here. Lizzy, you are grounded!
- Then enters the leader of Mini Longnecks "Big Daddy" —with the booming voice of Michael Clark Duncan.
Lizzy: But, daddy, I—
Littlefoot: Uh, sir? They didn't bring me here. I sorta fell in.
Big Daddy: Oh...[chuckles] Well, nobody's fault then. (The Tinysauruses sigh in relief) (BD's tone turns angry again) WE'RE MOVING!
- The Great Day of the Flyers
Tria: Topsy? Did you lay this egg?
- Tria thinks her egg is too cold and puts grass shoots on it, getting Topps to pitch in as well. And then when they finish, Tria thinks the egg is now too warm.
- And when Topps objects...
Cera: I'm heading out to the Mysterious Beyond to see if I could get eaten by a sharptooth.Topps: Bye, have fun.Tria: Don't be late.
- Cera's frustration that her dad and step-mom are ignoring her.
Tria: (relaxed) Much better.
- Tria telling Topps to back away from the egg to avoid crushing it, which results in him falling off a ledge.
Topps: (to Guido) I don't know who or what you are, but we don't like noise around here. Some of us are trying to hatch eggs.Guido: Oh, I'm sorry, lady! I didn't realize!Topps: [growls] Not me!(Ducky laughs, but stops when Cera gives her a Death Glare)
- A lot of the things Guido says and does.
Littlefoot: He's doing great.Cera: So far.Littlefoot: [Death Glare]
- When Topps storms off, Guido warns him not to go the way he's heading to. Topps does not listen... and falls into a mudhole causing everyone to laugh at him. Topps gets angry with Guido, and the latter jumps into the mud as well to make it even.
- As everyone is laughing at Topps, Ducky stops laughing thinking it will make Cera mad again. But then she continues when she sees Cera laughing as well.
- When the gang is watching Petrie practice
Mama Flyer: Well? Is it true? Does the Threehorn family have a new addition?Petrie: Yeah! And, uh...so do we!Mama Flyer: (Drops berries.)...Petrie? I'm usually the one who makes that announcement.
- When Petrie messes up his and his siblings' flying formation once again and they fall through a cloud, a nearby Parasaurolophus takes notice of this and comments "Strange weather we're having today."
- This gem.
Ducky: I will get Cera. If we have an adventure and Cera is not here, she will get so mad. I do not like it when Cera gets mad. Oh no, no, no!
- "Your rear ends look just like your faces!"
- Ducky offering to get Cera when the gang's following a sleepwalking Guido.
Cera: You know what this means? We didn't have to use the log after all!Littlefoot: (sheepishly) Sorry.
- When Guido is revealed to be a glider after falling off into a ravine.
- In one episode where the gang is looking for sky colored stones (geodes), the episode's 'villain' is Ducky. She goes from being the nicest person in the show to a greedy, deceiving, paranoid hoarder who would rather hunt for gems than help her stuck brother. This can be seen as either hilarious, disturbing, or both.
Chomper: (picks up a rock) Is it this one?Petrie: No.Chomper: (picks up another rock) Is it this one?Petrie: (annoyed) No.Chomper: (picks up another rock) Is it this one?Petrie: (more annoyed) No!Chomper: (picks up a muddy dirt clod) Is it this one?Petrie: That not even rock!
- In the same episode, Chomper picks up every rock he finds and asks if it's a sky color stone.
- Not to mentioned when he offers a hive of stinging buzzers (bees) to eat for Littlefoot and Petrie, to the latter two's alarm.
- In the episode "March of the Sand Creepers", they find a talking crab who enjoys telling stories. Cera comments: "Great. Not only does he talk, he talks too much."
- In the same episode, after almost drowning to get some seaweed, Cera emerges from a whirlpool covered in kelp fronds. Petrie says: "You got the water greens!" To which Cera replies: "Yes, now GET THEM OFF ME!"
- Also the Running Gag in which one of the crabs keeps pinching Spike on the nose, eventually angering him to the point of chasing it out of the valley.
- Chomper's Cloudcuckoolander tendancies bring out much of the humor in the series. Such as in "The Scary Nighttime Adventure" when Mr. Thicknose tells the children about his interests as a hatchling, Chomper cries out "You were a hatchling!?"
- In "The Big Longneck Test", Chomper eats bees out of a hive much to Shorty's disgust. Cera's comment to this?
"You get used to it."
Chomper: You mean [Shorty] hasn't taken [the test] yet?Shorty: Uh, no. But I will, soon!Cera: Hmph. Not too soon, I hope.
- For the sub-plot of the episode, Shorty lies to Littlefoot's friends that he took the leadership test so that he would be their leader on a trip, which he turned out to be bad at. At the end when Bron reveals Shorty is not yet ready for the test, Cera snarks "I'll say he's not ready"...before finding out that he lied about taking the test earlier.
- In "The Log-Running Game" when Tria reminds Topps he was young once like Cera, Topps responds "I was?".
- This exchange from "The Forbidden Friendship", when Spike and Tippy reveal that they've been playing in secret.
Tippy's mother: Well...your Spike must have talked him into it.Mama Swimmer: My Spike doesn't talk!
- Earlier, Topps and the Spiketail leader get into a fight...only to get their heads stuck to each other because of the cold.
- Episode six has perhaps the strangest inversion of what had become a "Land Before Time" cliche- the main character running away from creatures that want that character dead. Except instead of, say, Littlefoot running from The Sharptooth, it's Chomper, a baby Tyrannosaurus Rex, AKA Sharptooth, running away from a herd of Longnecks! Pick the reason why it's funny- Inversion of the predator-prey dynamic, revenge for Littlefoot's mom getting eaten by a Sharptooth, clever moment of self-awareness on the show's part, The fact that the leader of the Herd is Mallory Archer, the list goes on.
- In one episode, the kids all hang out staring at cloud formations. One of the clouds is stated to look like "sweet bubbles" (grapes) and another cloud looks like Chomper. The Chomper cloud starts "eating" the sweet bubble cloud. The real Chomper promptly pops up and says "but I don't like sweet bubbles" and they all laugh.
- "Stranger From the Mysterious Above": When Milo, Lydia, and Plower first find Spike sitting on a rock eating from a pile of plants, Plower asks "Why is he eating my bed?"