Funny: The King of Fighters
Moments from the games themselves (including the main games, Maximum Impact, the KOF:KYO game, SNK Gal Fighters, etc.)
- Goro Daimon has a move where he hits the ground with his hands and causes seismic waves, which knocks the opponent off their feet if caught off-guard. In the older games, whenever he did it with his opponent and said opponent's teammates on sight, the teammates would fall to the ground as well.
- Made even funnier when this was done in front of a Kyo and a Benimaru who were said Daimon's teammates, because they would jump just in time to avert it instead.
- Shermie vs. Bryan's special intro in KOF'98. He keeps shouting "WOO! WOO!". This annoys her so she walks over and SLAPS THE TASTE OUT OF HIS MOUTH.
- Billy's special opening against Iori is understandable, given what happened at the end of '95. What's less expected is Eiji Kisaragi teleporting in to shake his fist at Iori and then teleporting away before he's spotted.
- Here are MANY other funny pre-match special intros.
- Having Team Kim fight against Team Yagami in KOF XIII Story Mode, in which Kim tried inviting Iori to join his Tae Kwon Do dojo, and even prepared a taekwondo gi just for him. And if not enough, he also invited Hwa Jai and Raiden to the sport as well (He offers the Chang-sized gi for Raiden). Hilarity at its finest.
- In XIII's Story Mode, Heidern sends a task force consisting of Seth, Vanessa, Blue Mary, and Ramon to investigate the area around the tournament.
Seth: All units, I want a status report.Vanessa: This is Vanessa. I'm investigating the area around the stadium...but there's too much ground to cover. I haven't found anything. I need something specific to go on. I can't just search an area this big for anything "out of the ordinary." I feel like a lost tourist.Mary: This is Mary. I'm in the slums, dealing with an...unsavory individual. (Screenshot reveals this to be Duck King) I haven't come across anything of note.Duck King: Oh, come on, girl! It's so sweetdiculous to see you again, but you ignore me and talk on the phone? That's not cool, yo!Mary: Oh, would you shut up?Ramon: This is Ramon. I'm at the Pao Pao Ca... I mean, I'm reconnoitering some shady eating establishment.Choi: You're falling behind! Better empty your glass before your next drink arrives!
- XIII Team Fatal Fury Arcade End: During the victory celebration, both the Bogard Brothers are congratulated by Mai (who embraces Andy) followed by Mary with Anton (who approach Terry). As Joe takes note of both of them being fawned over by girls, much to his jealousy, he is seemingly embraced by a woman from out of nowhere. He cheers initially until he asks her who 'she' is only to discover it to be the same transgender man he saved in 2003 who is unfortunately looks nothing like a woman with the stubble, despite the makeup. Cue horrified Joe trying to run off, got caught and end up looking like he's Deader Than Dead...
- The Women's Team Ending has several of the Action Girls in the series partying in the Pao Pao Cafe, almost all of them drunk their butts off. (Save for Hotaru and Hinako, who are too young for drinking so they eat cake instead.) It ends with the drunk ladies (Mai, Yuri, Jenet, Malin, Xiangfei, Kasumi and King herself) openly squabbling like highschool girls over themes like their strengths in battle and their own love lives. In front of the totally embarrassed Hinako and Hotaru and a weeping Richard Meyer
- Many of the XIII pre-battle intros are quite funny, as the writers have everyone snarking at each other and making snide remarks about character traits they're infamous for. The best ones are:
- Chin and/or Kim getting Kyo all pissed off via asking him if he actually did finish higschool or not;
- Maxima quoting the infamous "over 9000" phrase from Dragon Ball Z when talking to Kensou, and also his complains about Athena's Unlimited Wardrobe.
- While the first is removed in XIII Climax, the latter is even funnier. In the original, when Athena asks why would he keep such data, Maxima calmly says he's just interested in her Action Girl strength. In the new version, it becomes a Suspiciously Specific Denial in which Maxima totally didn't store pictures of her for non-fighting purposes. (Hint: yes, he did.)
- King asking Andy to pay for Terry and Ryo's tab at her bar, which makes Andy really damn angry.
- Terry almost freaking out as he senses Duo Lon's ghastly aura. And horrifying Maxima when he asks him for parental tips to deal with Rock.
- Every single time Mai gets told "Please Put Some Clothes On", since it never fails to get her mad.
- Also every time Kula ends up Comically Missing the Point due to her Ping-Pong Na´vetÚ. Double when she completely misunderstands Benimaru's complains about how it would've been better if he had met her five years later and that gets him totally embarrassed
- The Fatal Fury gang (Terry, Mai, Andy and Joe) enjoy taking cracks at their sworn enemy (besides Geese), Billy, ranging from simply angry to playful to insulting.
- Mai's interactions with her posse members (Terry and Andy), concerning Andy and his attempts to avoid her, only leading her to become agitated.
- Also, Terry and Joe openly trolling Andy via asking him about Mai to deliberately throw him off before matches.
- Ash Crimson manages to agitate or offend just about everyone (including his acquaintances and ex-teammates) as a part of his act as a jerk.
- And then it's inverted in his interaction with Terry, who turns the tables. Ash is NOT amused.
- Chin trying to sneak away from fighting via claiming he's too old and feeble. No one believes him anyway.
- Ralf getting FURIOUS when Kyo says he's getting too old for fighting.
- In Story Mode, play as the Women's Team and fight the Psycho Soldiers. Words don't make any justice... Just watch the hilarity unfurl.
- Billy Kane makes Pokemon jokes at the worst moment possible.
- Kim's Justice Will Prevail speech in the Fatal Fury Team Ending from XI. What makes this one different from all the others? The fact that Kim is drunk off his ass... after one single mug of beer.
- In SNK Gals Fighters, unlock Kyo's girlfriend Yuki and manage to reach for the final stage. Io— I mean Miss X, the final boss, totally freaks out. And it goes downhill from there.
Moments from other KOF related media (mangas, CD dramas, Chinese manhuas, etc.)
- From the KOF: KYO manga's third and last volume, Vice and Mature... re-arranging Iori's tiny apartment to make it cozier. Iori simply can't believe it.
- The Tatsuya Shingyouji KOF 94 manga gives us the Women's Team vs. the Psycho Soldiers in the second tome. First King sends Yuri into an Unstoppable Rage on Kensou via showing her a hand-drawn picture of Mr. Big, which makes Yuri go into a frenzy, and towards the end Chin attempts to get King drunk to knock her out... and it works WAY too well.
- Also Kensou playing the Accidental Pervert role when he walks on Athena bathing, and Kyo foiling Benimaru's attempt to go Chivalrous Pervert on a Korean girl whom he saved from Choi — before Kim faces them.
- The third volume gives us Kyo and Benimaru meeting up with the Women's Team after defeating them. Then, Yuri and Mai start teasing Kyo about Yuki since they now know that the Japan Team fought them to save her. The usually unflappable and cocky Kyo goes beet red and then furiously stares at a retreating Benimaru...
- In Ryo Takamisaki's KOF: G, the rendition of Joe's infamous "mooning" taunt while fighting Iori, Mature and Benimaru.
- The '97 laserdisc has Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru commentating throughout the whole thing. Though there are yet to be subtitles, one can imagine the banter between all 3 of them.
- During the Orochi Iori and Orochi Leona section, Kyo and Chizuru are commentating and midway through, Iori breaks into his Orochi form.
- Also at the very end of the Laserdisc, Kyo and Chizuru end their commentary with a cheerful "Sayonara!", while Iori comments with a simple "Adieu".