Funny: The Family Circus
- The first strip. Say what you will about the strip now, it was Actually Pretty Funny. It showed Thelma looking tired talking to somebody at the door who asks, "Any Children?". And the floor is covered in toys.
- A strip from the 1960s had Dolly answering the phone and saying "Mommy can't come to the phone; she's in the bathtub with the plumber." In the background, Thel is seen standing in the bathtub helping the plumber install a shower-curtain rod with a look of helpless despair on her face.
- A 1970s strip shows Thel running through the toilet section of a hardware store. "No, Jeffy! It's not connected!"
- From 1982, Billy has swimming flippers on and ponders to Dolly, "I can see why frogs don't dance much."
- The 2012 Halloween strip with an accurate shout out to◊, of all things, Warhammer 40,000