Funny: The Colour of Magic
- Rincewind trying to swear at Twoflower in Trobian, which doesn't really have profanities:
You little [such a one who, while wearing a copper nose ring, stands in the bath atop Mt. Raruaruaha during a thunderstorm and shouts that the goddess of lightning has the face of a diseased uloruaha root]!!
- Rincewind working out the meaning of several words Twoflower uses, like "tourist":
Twoflower was a tourist, the first ever seen on the Discworld. Tourist, Rincewind had decided, meant "idiot".
- "Some pirates achieved immortality by grand deeds of cruelty or derring-do. Some achieved immortality by amassing great amounts of wealth. But the Captain had long ago decided that he would, on the whole, prefer to achieve immortality by not dying."
- The competing theories about the nature of the universe, especially with the Genius Bonus that the support for them is switched from our world: Scientists support the Steady State Theory while religious types support the Big Bang Theory.
- In the film, when Rincewind and Twoflower are meeting for the first time they are discussing the Counterweight Continent.
Rincewind: But the legend says it's made of gold.Twoflower: Well, it's not made of gold. Gold is just a really common metal there.Rincewind: You might like to keep that to ourselves.(Rincewind turns around and sees Broadman several inches away from his face)
- Also in the film, Rincewind is trying to drag Twoflower out of Death's house. Then we get this exchange:
Twoflower: Amazing! I've never been at Death's door before!(Rincewind punches him across the face)
- In the film, Rincewind flipping off Blind Hugh after succeeding in communicating with Twoflower.