- Rose's version of Wasn't That Fun?, after negotiating rapids.
Rose: I never dreamed that any mere physical experience could be so stimulating!
- Allnut takes a second to look at her like she's crazy.
- I'm not sure if Allnut asking the German captain to marry them before they're hanged is romantic, or funny as hell.
Captain: I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.
- There are plenty of fun behind the scenes stories - in a Black Comedy sort of way:
- Katharine Hepburn went to use the outhouse...and found a black mamba inside it. So she ended up peeing in the woods from then on.
- A dozen extras didn't turn up for the village burning scene because they thought the filmmakers were cannibals.
- Humphrey Bogart and John Huston were the only two crew members who didn't suffer dysentry... because all they drank was alcohol.
- John Huston persuaded Katharine Hepburn to accompany him on a hunting trip... and accidentally led her right into a pack of wild animals.