Funny: Thats Why They Call It The Present
- It's given a Call Back in the sequel with Little Brother.
From the sequel
- Little Brother stowing away in Tai Lung's pack.
- Dalang's reaction to the medicine Su Lin gives him. "I don't think Sonam's spots are supposed to be pink…"
- Shifu, trying to test Dalang's reflexes, throws a knife at him. Dalang catches it and throws it right back, where it hits the table right beside Shifu's hand. There's a pause, where Dalang realizes what he just did. "I… am really, really sorry." "Oh, no need to explain. It was a reflex. Much like this one." Then Shifu hits Dalang over the head with a wooden spoon.
- After Mei Xing chews Shifu out: "I need to go knit something." "Please do."
- Tai Lung starts freaking out about being a father, and then the wind blows so hard that a stalk of bamboo bends down and whacks him on the head.
- After Tai Lung has used the Phoenix Tear Technique on Koshchei, apparently leaving nothing but a pile of clothes behind, he and Po go to see what happened. "Well, shall we survey the damage? I highly doubt he would be running around in his skivvies somewhere."
- "It's a parable, you idiot, it's not supposed to be literal!" Made funnier when you realize the Chinese character for “seed” (zi), is the same one for “child”.