Funny: Team America: World Police
- The oh, so epic pep-talk in the bar. 'nuff said.
- "Gary, you're the only one with the pow—" "I DONT WANT THE FUCKING POWER!"
- "Don't worry! Everything is 'bon'! We've stopped the terrorists!" (French citizens look around at the burning remains of their city)
- When everyone is trying to disguise Gary as an Arab terrorist, they accomplish this by just gluing a whole bunch of hair to his face.
- Even funnier, as prior to it, there's an entire sequence of Gary getting operated on and undergoing a rather complicated facial surgery, which makes the end result even more funnier.
- Gary's entire speech in the end, about "Dicks, Pussies, and Assholes..."
- Also doubles as a Moment Of Awesome.
- "Your acting skills are diminishing with age, Ms. Sarandon."
- "I promise I will never die."
- In one blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment during the dogfight between Team America and Korean aircraft, one of the shots of Spottswoode shows him strafing on his chair upside-down.
- "I'm gonna cut off your fucking balls and shove them up your ass so that next time you shit, you'll shit on your balls!
- Kim Jong-Il dumping Hans Blix into the shark tank: "How do you like that, you cock sucking motherfucker!? You want an inspection? Well inspect that you butt fucking piece of shit!". Right before that, there was Hans' "threat" to Kim Jong-Il.
Hans: I must be firm. Let me inspect all of your palace, or else!Kim: Or else what?Hans: Or else... we will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are.
- Puppet sex. That is all.
- The Vomit scene. I can never make it through that scene without nearly suffocating from laughter.
- Gary hopping aboard the flying limo for the first time:
Gary: Okay, a limousine that can fly. Now I have seen everything.Spottswoode: Really? Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?Gary: No.Spottswoode: So, then you haven't see everything!
- Special mention for the "Giant panthers" which are actually two normal sized, playful kittens. Not even angry kittens, just two normal kittens, padding about, made to look huge because the puppets are so small. Beats Night of the Lepus giant rabbits for the coveted "Least threatening giant monster animal" award.
- I'm so ronery...
- Spottswoode giving Gary a weapon to kill himself in case of capture... which turns out to be a hammer. A small one.
- The kung fu scene involving Chris and a terrorist.
- Every single one of the "fight scenes" qualify, since it literally just consists of the two puppets flailing their arms at one another while the intense soundtrack booms in the background.
- MAATTT DAAAAAMONNN!!!
- "Team America has once again pissed off the entire world after blowing up half of Cairo."
- I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E: "Our base was attacked by a giant socialist weasel."
- The fact that the words 'giant socialist weasel' above actually link to that particular page is a Crowning Moment of Funny for this page in general, I think.
- And this
Spotswood: There's no-one else to stop Kim Jong-Il!Gary: Let me go.Spotswood: You? You're a butt-fucking quitter!
- While the scene where The Team gets ambushed by North Koreans and terrorists from Durka-Durkastan is not exactly funny, this particular line had this troper chuckling: "We have no I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.! Repeat, we have no I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.!"
- The montage song.
- Tim Robbin's explanation as to why Team America and "the corporations" are bad.
- Childish, but: "In an ideal future, we solve problems and dispose of dangerous people with words, not violence. That is the F.A.G. way! [...] They'll look back and say, 'Wow, way to go FAG. You really made the world a better place, didn't you FAG?'"
- "Derka Derka, Mohammed Jihad." AKA the entire Arabic language.
- Kim Jong-il getting fed up with his allies. "Okay, who brew up Panama Canal!?" [...] Goddamn it, how many times do I have to terr you? You don't use the WMDs untir you see the signar. I have worked ten years on this pran. It is a very precise and a compricated pran. I am sick of you terrorists fucking it up. Now take the weapons where I tord you and wait for the fucking signar this time! Goodbye!".
- "9/11 times a hundred? Oh my god, that would be..."
- "Correct. 91,900".
- Kim Jong-il killing his interpreter.
- Interpreter: "He asks "what part of the deal you did not understand?". He says perhaps his translator did not make it clear to you. He says he should... fire his...translator?"
- Kim Jong-il's subversion of Dangerously Genre Savvy when he's about to set off the nukes.
- Kim Jong Il: "You see, no Prince Charming rode in on a white stallion to save the day. This is the real world. I'm afraid your world is over! ...in five minutes.
- This exchange between Gary and two terrorists while they're being chased by Joe and Chris, (who don't know Gary is not a terrorist), shortly after their grill-mounted machine guns killed one of the other terrorists.
- Gary: "Hey guys, I think we should pull over!"Terrorist 1: "Pull over? YES, OF COURSE!! Pull over, let them pass us, and when they turn around, we charge them!!"Terrorist 2: "I love your balls!!"
Gary: It's me! It's me!Joe: Looks like he's saying, "Kiss me! Kiss me!"Chris: Smart-ass motherfucker! *launches missile*
- Then there's the part Team America Hummer falls for the "pull-over" trick, and Gary's Oh, Crap reaction when the terrorists charge their explosive-laden jeep at them. Cue two more hilarious (and awesome) moments: first, Lisa uses her bike to jump over the terrorist jeep, and yank Gary out of it. Then, Chris, giving the immortal line "SURPRISE, COCKFAGS!!!", flips down the hood of the Team America Hummer, and turns it into a ramp, causing the terrorists to fly "head-first" into the Sphinx, complete with, you guessed it, Stuff Blowing Up.
- Just before that, Gary trying to inform the team that he's in the jeep.
- Gary's initial Refusal of the Call.
Spottswoode: We will disguise you as a terrorist and take you deep into the Middle East. If your acting is successful, you'll be able to get us all the information we need to stop this whole thing from happening. Of course, if you're not interested, there's the door.Gary: All right, thanks. (walks out the door)Spottswoode: (beat) Huh.
- When Gary is having a Heroic BSOD after hearing about the destruction of the Panama Canal, the utterly serious mood is dashed with this priceless exchange:
Gary: You see?! All I do is hurt people!Lisa: Gary, you didn't kill your brother! Those gorillas did!
- "Maybe feelings are feelings because we can't control them." It's like Insane Troll Logic had a baby with tautology and let the baby smoke valium until it came up with the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever said.
- MATT. DAMON.
- "There's no 'I' in 'Team America'!"
Yes there is.
- When Mount Rushmore is on TV:
Sarah: Hey, that's here! (Joe stares at her in disbelief that she'd be so dense)
- Slightly justified in that this is supposed to be their "secret" base.
- Sean Penn trying to rally anti-Team America support.
"Last year I went to Iraq. Before Team America showed up, it was a happy place. They had flowery meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the children danced and laughed and played with gumdrop smiles."
- After the Panama Canal has been blown up:
Spottswoode: It appears now that I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E was wrong about the Chechnyans being in charge. That was bad I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E. Very bad I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.I.N.T.E.L.L.I.G.E.N.C.E.: I'm sorry.
- The "Everyone has AIDS" song from Gary's Broadway performance.
- Meta example: when the film was first screened for the studio execs, upon seeing the deliberately cheap background and terrible puppetry in the first twenty seconds, one Paramount rep reportedly yelled "Oh my God, they fucked us!!!" before the film cut to the actually gorgeous Paris set.