open/close all folders
- The watermelon task in "Melon Buffet". It starts off calmly with Josh and Frank gently eating watermelon, and Roisin panicking because she didn't realise she had to cut the melon open ... and then Tim and Romesh just bash the melon open and stuff as much in their mouths as possible.
- Roisin forcing Alex to eat a pie filled with mint toothpaste in "The Pie Whisperer".
- Also from "The Pie Whisperer", there's Romesh's short film, Tree Wizard.
- "Down An Octave" has Josh being made to count how many baked beans there are in a can, followed by the number of spaghetti hoops, and finally grains of rice in a bag. This wasn't actually a task, it was just something done to make him the Butt-Monkey.
- Tim and Romesh constantly fighting each other in the live tasks.
- Joe Wilkinson's attempt on making a music video for a nursery rhyme.
- Richard Osman throwing a shopping trolley over a river.
- One of the tasks in "A Pistachio Eclair" is to impress the mayor of Chesham. Joe Wilkinson decides to impress him by buying him beer and 42 calipos.
- The prize task for "Pea in a Haystack" is the most flamboyant clock. One contestant opts for an oven, and another brings in a microwave.
- Joe Lycett had to smile with increasing enthusiasm every 30 seconds in "Look At Me". Greg described it as "sixteen lovely smiles and four difficult poo faces".
- Joe, Lolly, and Noel sabotaging each other's efforts in the team task in "Meat".
- The whole hide-and-seek task in "No Stars For Naughty Boys":
- Hugh decides to watch Alex from inside the house, and move according to where he's seen Alex go. When Hugh sees Alex enter the house, he decides to leave the room he's in; and the moment he opens the door, he sees Alex standing on the other side.
- Joe spends two minutes running away from Alex after he had been spotted.
- Noel gets caught out after 16 seconds because he chose to hide behind the caravan where Alex had been counting, and then didn't move after Alex came out.
- Alex accidentally feeling Mel's breasts while searching the wardrobe she was hiding in. What's even funnier is that you can see the exact moment on Alex's face when he realises what he's just done.
- Lolly taunting Alex, who is struggling to find her, by sending him a picture of herself at a beach, and one of her as a child.
- In "Dignity Intact", Nish manages to kick a basketball into the hoop on his first attempt... and then Alex shows the other fifty-two attempts Nish took before he succeeded.
- In the same episode, Aisling removes her trousers for a task. Upon completing the task, she dances wearing nothing but her top and knickers. On the side of a lake.
- Mark arguing about whether a hat is a machine or not in "The Leprechaun or the Lesbian".
- Also from "The Leprechaun or the Lesbian", for the "make the best splat" task, Alex introduces the task via a toy crane to the two teams. However, the crane failed to work when introducing the task to Mark and Nish.
- Also, Mark getting hurt by yogurt.
- One of the tasks in "Spoony Neeson" is to get a lit candle through the house and into the caravan, where they must use the flame to light another candle; and if the flame goes out along the way, the candle will not be relit. Along the way, the house is rigged with a bubble blower machine and sprinklers. The moment Nish sees the bubbles, he says "bubbly fuck" which instantly extinguishes the candle.
- The first task in "Boing Boing" involves the contestants travelling as far as possible in three minutes while blindfolded. When they take off their blindfold, they must then retrace their steps, and whoever is closest to their starting destination wins. Nish's attempt sees him walking around in circles while blindfolded; and when he takes it off, he walks so far away in the opposite direction to his starting point that he looses the challenge by quite some distance.
- Aisling Bea is tasked with balancing a jelly on top of a pole. After doing so, the pole pierces the jelly and it slides down the entire length, with Aisling and Alex looking on forlornly without moving.
Champion of Champions
- In "Wiley Giraffe Blower", the live task involves the contestants writing words on a whiteboard. The only problem was that the first set of marker pens they were given were water-resistant permanent marker pens.